- On May 25, 2005, the Department of the Treasury's Office of Foreign Assets Control (OFAC) added one entry to its list of Specially Designated Global Terrorists and Specially Designated Nationals and Blocked Persons (SDN).
- The new entry is: ISLAMIC JIHAD GROUP (IJG) (a.k.a. AL-DJIHAD AL-ISLAMI; a.k.a. DZHAMAAT MODZHAKHEDOV; a.k.a. ISLAMIC JIHAD GROUP OF UZBEKISTAN; a.k.a. JAMA'AT AL-JIHAD; a.k.a. JAMIAT AL-JIHAD AL-ISLAMI; a.k.a. JAMIYAT; a.k.a. THE JAMAAT MOJAHEDIN; a.k.a. THE KAZAKH JAMA'AT; a.k.a. THE LIBYAN SOCIETY) [SDGT]
- OFAC has asked that we distribute the information to all FDIC-supervised institutions so records can be checked for accounts that are required to be blocked.
- OFAC information also may be found on the Internet at https://home.treasury.gov/policy-issues/office-of-foreign-assets-control-sanctions-programs-and-information.
- Please distribute this information to the appropriate personnel in your institution.
- For further information about Executive Orders, the list of blocked accounts or the procedures to block accounts, please call OFAC's Compliance Programs Division at
FDIC-Supervised Banks (Commercial and Savings)
Chief Executive Officer
BSA Compliance Officer
Office of Foreign Assets Control
Senior Financial Analyst Debra L. Novak at SASFIL@FDIC.gov or (202) 898-3673
FIL-65-2005 - PDF 31k (PDF Help)
FDIC Financial Institution Letters (FILs) may be accessed from the FDIC's Web site at www.fdic.gov/news/news/financial/2005/index.html.
To receive FILs electronically, please visit http://www.fdic.gov/about/subscriptions/fil.html.
Paper copies of FDIC FILs may be obtained through the FDIC's Public Information Center, 801 17th Street, NW, Room 100, Washington, DC 20434 (1-877-275-3342 or (703) 562-2200).