- On June 30, 2005, the Department of the Treasury's Office of Foreign Assets Control (OFAC) added the following individuals to its list of Specially Designated Nationals and Blocked Persons (SDN):
GHAZALI, Rustum, Chief of Syrian Military Intelligence for Lebanon; Syria; DOB circa 1949; nationality Syria (individual) [SYRIA]
KANAAN, Ghazi, Minister of Interior, Syria; Damascus, Syria; DOB circa 1943; POB Near Qerdaha, Syria; nationality Syria (individual) [SYRIA]
- OFAC has asked that we distribute the information to all FDIC-supervised institutions.
- OFAC information also may be found on the Internet at https://home.treasury.gov/policy-issues/office-of-foreign-assets-control-sanctions-programs-and-information.
- Please distribute this information to the appropriate personnel in your institution.
- For further information about Executive Orders, the list of blocked accounts or the procedures to block accounts, please call OFAC's Compliance Programs Division at
FDIC-Supervised Banks (Commercial and Savings)
Chief Executive Officer
BSA Compliance Officer
Office of Foreign Assets Control
Review Examiner Eric S. Walker at SASFIL@FDIC.gov or (202) 898-3673.
FIL-61-2005 - PDF 28k (PDF Help)
FDIC Financial Institution Letters (FILs) may be accessed from the FDIC's Web site at www.fdic.gov/news/news/financial/2005/index.html.
To receive FILs electronically, please visit http://www.fdic.gov/about/subscriptions/fil.html.
Paper copies of FDIC FILs may be obtained through the FDIC's Public Information Center, 801 17th Street, NW, Room 100, Washington, DC 20434 (1-877-275-3342 or (703) 562-2200).