Inactive Financial Institution Letters
|Office of Foreign Assets Control
Specially Designated Nationals and Blocked Persons
June 14, 2005
||The Department of the Treasury's Office of Foreign Assets Control has added two entries to
its list of Specially Designated Nationals and Blocked Persons.
- On June 9, 2005, the Department of the Treasury's Office of Foreign Assets Control (OFAC) added two entries to its list of Specially Designated Nationals and Blocked Persons (SDNs). The new entries are:
- SHALISH, Asif (a.k.a. AL-SHALISH, Dr. Asef; a.k.a. ISSA, Assef; a.k.a. SHALEESH, Asef Isa; a.k.a. SHALEESH, Dr. Assef Essa), Damascus, Syria; DOB 1 Jan 1959; nationality Syria; Passport 4713277 (Syria) (individual) [IRAQ2]
- SHALISH, Zuhayr (a.k.a. AL-HEMMEH, Thu; a.k.a. AL-SHALISH, Dhu Al-Himma; a.k.a. SHALEESH, Dhu Himma; a.k.a. SHALEESH, Thu Al Hima; a.k.a. SHALISH, Dhu Al Himma; a.k.a. SHALISH, Dhuil Himma; a.k.a. SHALISH, Zuhilma); General; Damascus, Syria; DOB circa 1956; POB Al-Ladhiqiyah, Syria; nationality Syria; Has a military position- is known also as Major General or Brigadier General. (individual) [IRAQ2]
- OFAC has asked that we distribute the information to all FDIC-supervised institutions so records can be checked for accounts that are required to be blocked.
- OFAC information also may be found on the Internet at https://home.treasury.gov/policy-issues/office-of-foreign-assets-control-sanctions-programs-and-information .
- Please distribute this information to the appropriate personnel in your institution.
- For further information about Executive Orders, the list of blocked accounts or the procedures to block accounts, please call OFAC's Compliance Programs Division at 1-800-540-6322.
FDIC-Supervised Banks (Commercial and Savings)
Chief Executive Officer
BSA Compliance Officer
Office of Foreign Assets Control
Senior Financial Analyst, Debra L. Novak at SASFIL@FDIC.gov or 202-898-3673.
FIL-50-2005 - PDF 32k (PDF Help)
FDIC Financial Institution Letters (FILs) may be accessed from the FDIC's Web site at www.fdic.gov/news/news/financial/2005/index.html.
To receive FILs electronically, please visit http://www.fdic.gov/about/subscriptions/fil.html.
Paper copies of FDIC FILs may be obtained through the FDIC's Public Information Center, 801 17th Street, NW, Room 100, Washington, DC 20434 (1-877-275-3342 or (703) 562-2200).