- On May 12, 2005, the Department of the Treasurys Office of Foreign Assets Control (OFAC) added and amended several entries to its list of Specially Designated Global Terrorists and Specially Designated Nationals and Blocked Persons (SDNs).
- The new entries are attached.
- OFAC has asked that we distribute the information to all FDIC-supervised institutions so records can be checked for accounts that are required to be blocked.
- OFAC information also may be found on the Internet at https://home.treasury.gov/policy-issues/office-of-foreign-assets-control-sanctions-programs-and-information .
- Please distribute this information to the appropriate personnel in your institution.
- For further information about Executive Orders, the list of blocked accounts or the procedures to block accounts, please call OFACs Compliance Programs Division at
FDIC-Supervised Banks (Commercial and Savings)
Chief Executive Officer
BSA Compliance Officer
Office of Foreign Assets Control
Updates to SDN List
Senior Financial Analyst, Debra L. Novak at SASFIL@FDIC.gov or (202) 898-3673.
FIL-44-2005 - PDF 45k (PDF Help)
FDIC Financial Institution Letters (FILs) may be accessed from the FDIC's Web site at www.fdic.gov/news/news/financial/2005/index.html.
To receive FILs electronically, please visit http://www.fdic.gov/about/subscriptions/fil.html.
Paper copies of FDIC FILs may be obtained through the FDIC's Public Information Center, 801 17th Street, NW, Room 100, Washington, DC 20434 (1-877-275-3342 or (703) 562-2200).