- On November 10, 2004, the Department of the Treasury's Office of Foreign Assets Control (OFAC) changed an entry from blocked pending investigation (BPI-SDNTK) to now being designated as a Specially Designated Narcotics Trafficker Kingpin.
- The entry added is: AERO CONTINENTE S.A. The full listing of the entry is attached.
- OFAC has asked that we distribute the information to all FDIC-supervised institutions so records can be checked for accounts that are required to be blocked.
- OFAC information also may be found on the Internet at https://home.treasury.gov/policy-issues/office-of-foreign-assets-control-sanctions-programs-and-information.
- Please distribute this information to the appropriate personnel in your institution.
- For further information about Executive Orders, the list of blocked accounts or the procedures to block accounts, please call OFAC's Compliance Programs Division at 1-800-540-6322.
FDIC-Supervised Banks (Commercial and Savings)
CHIEF EXECUTIVE OFFICER
BSA Compliance Officer
Office of Foreign Assets Control
Listing for AERO CONTINENTE S.A.
Chief, Special Activities Section, Lisa D. Arquette at SASFIL@FDIC.gov or (202) 898-3673.
FIL-120-2004 PDF (PDF Help)
FDIC Financial Institution Letters (FILs) may be accessed from the FDIC's Web site at www.fdic.gov/news/news/financial/2004/index.html.
To receive FILs electronically, please visit http://www.fdic.gov/about/subscriptions/fil.html.
Paper copies of FDIC FILs may be obtained through the FDIC's Public Information Center, 801 17th Street, NW, Room 100, Washington, DC 20434 (1-877-275-3342 or (703) 562-2200).