The FDIC offers a series of events for bankers, including teleconferences and webinars, to maintain open lines of communication and to update bank management and staff on important regulatory issues in the consumer compliance area. The FDIC’s Division of Depositor and Consumer Protection will host a webinar for FDIC-supervised institutions on October 5, 2021, to provide information and answer questions relating to consumer complaints management. The presentation will include a review of the most recent complaint data and will provide information to help banks with complaint management. It will also provide information on how the FDIC facilitates the resolution of complaints and how this information is used in supervision.
Registration for the event is required and is available online here.
Statement of Applicability: This Financial Institution Letter applies to all FDIC-supervised institutions.
- The FDIC will host a webinar, “Overview and Updates on Consumer Complaints Management,” on Tuesday, October 5, 2021, from 2:00 p.m. to 3:30 p.m., Eastern Time.
- Staff will cover how the FDIC receives and manages complaints about FDIC-supervised institutions, the most recent data on those complaints, and how the FDIC uses complaint data to further supervision efforts.
- Staff will provide analysis on compliance areas that receive the most consumer complaints. We will also provide information that banks can use to support effective complaints management.
- Following a formal presentation, FDIC staff will conduct a question-and-answer segment. We encourage institutions to submit questions prior to the teleconference via email.
- The FDIC is also soliciting suggestions from institutions on topics for future banker events. Please submit suggestions to BankTeleconference@FDIC.gov.
Chief Executive Officer
Chief Lending Officer