Opening a bank account can be one of the most important steps consumers take towards reaching financial goals. FDIC research found that bankable moments, such as receiving a tax refund or stipend, may be the catalyst many unbanked households need to take the first step towards financial inclusion. FDIC invites your government agency, community organization, and others who directly serve consumers to join the #GetBanked movement.
Help us promote the importance of having a banking relationship!
- Consider providing a link to the #GetBanked webpage on your organization’s website.
- Follow us on social media @FDICgov. We’re on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, and Linked In where your organization can like or share our posts! Use our hashtags: #GetBanked and #FDIC.
- Create your own social media posts with the assets from the FDIC’s #GetBanked campaign.
- See examples of other organizations in action sharing our resources or linking to our page. Their collaboration has helped make a difference:
Social Media Images:
- Preparing to file your tax return with @IRSNews? Remember the safest and quickest way to receive your money is by choosing direct deposit when you file electronically. If you don’t have a bank account, visit FDIC.gov/GetBanked to get started. #GetBanked @FDICgov
- Before filing your taxes, remember to protect and manage your money with an FDIC-insured account. #GetBanked Visit FDIC.gov/GetBanked to get started. @FDICgov @IRSNews
- Before filing your taxes, #GetBanked and get better control over your finances. Visit FDIC.gov/GetBanked to get started. @FDICgov @IRSNews
- There are lots of reasons to keep your money in an FDIC-insured bank. One reason to #GetBanked…in the event of an error or unauthorized transaction, your money is protected. Learn how to get started with your own low cost account. FDIC.gov/GetBanked. @FDICgov
- No bank account? Protect and manage your money with an FDIC-insured account. #GetBanked. Visit FDIC.gov/GetBanked to get started. @FDICgov
- #GetBanked: Your money is safe from the risk of theft, fire, flood, loss, or damage. Opening an account at an FDIC-insured bank ensures that your money is protected in the event of disaster. Visit FDIC.gov/GetBanked to get started. @FDICgov
- Want to pay your bills online? Use an FDIC-insured bank account to protect and manage your money. #GetBanked. Visit FDIC.gov/GetBanked to get started. @FDICgov
- Reach your financial goals and take control of your finances. Open an low-cost FDIC-insured bank account. #GetBanked. Visit FDIC.gov/GetBanked to get started. @FDICgov
- Get your money faster with no check-cashing fees with a low-cost FDIC-insured bank account. #GetBanked. Visit FDIC.gov/GetBanked to get started. @FDICgov
- How to Pick a Bank Account: This checklist can help you choose the best type of account for your individual needs.
- Learn more about the top reasons to open a bank account.