Submit a Complaint
The FDIC's Consumer Response Center is responsible for investigating all types of consumer complaints about FDIC-supervised institutions and responding to consumer inquiries about consumer laws and regulations. You may call and speak to a Consumer Affairs Specialist about your concerns. However, in order for us to investigate or review your issues, we must receive your complaint in writing.
Information Needed to Submit a Complaint
Including the following information in your written complaint helps us address your concerns as quickly as possible:
- Full Bank Name, City, and State where bank is located;
- Type of product involved (i.e., Checking Account, Mortgage Loan, Certificate of Deposit, etc.);
- Detailed explanation of the issue including events in the order in which they occurred, names and phone numbers of individuals involved, amounts and dates of any transactions, and any other information that will enable us to thoroughly understand your concerns;
- Description of the resolution you seek; and
- Please provide COPIES (do not send original documents) of all pertinent documentation relevant to your complaint. Any supporting documentation such as contracts, account statements, receipts, or any correspondence with the bank may be mailed or faxed to our office.
How to Reach Us
Most convenient - FDIC Information and Support Center
When using this form, you receive an automatic confirmation that your submission has been received by the FDIC.
Alternatively, you may mail or fax your request to:
Federal Deposit Insurance Corporation
Consumer Response Center
1100 Walnut St., Box #11
Kansas City, MO 64106
Fax: (703) 812-1020
To reach us by phone, call toll free: 1-877-275-3342 (1-877-ASK-FDIC). Regular hours of operation are Monday - Friday from 8 a.m. - 8:00 p.m. (EST).