Center for Financial Research
Conferences and Symposia
Call For Papers
The program committee invites theoretical and empirical papers on issues related to the performance and regulation of the financial sector including, but not limited to, the following:
- Deposit insurance
- Risk measurement
- Governance and compensation practices in the financial sector
- Regulatory capital and liquidity requirements
- Trends in financial products, services, and technology
- Trends in industry competition, market structure, and bank scope economies
- Systemic risk and financial system resilience
- Interaction between regulation and the cost and availability of credit
- Financial sector performance
In conjunction with the conference, we are seeking papers for a Special Session on “The Decade After the 2008 Crisis”. For this session, the program committee encourages the submission of papers that address topics on the implementation and the implications of Dodd-Frank for regulated institutions and shadow banks.
Papers will be selected for presentation based on reviews by FDIC Economists, associate editors of the JFSR, and the organizing committee (Rosalind Bennett, Manju Puri, and Haluk Unal).
Selected papers may be invited for submission to the JFSR.
Expenses for travel, food, and lodging will be reimbursed for paper presenters. Papers must be received by June 14, 2018. Authors will be notified about the status of their papers by July 15, 2018.
To submit a paper, please click here.
For additional information, contact Rosalind Bennett at (202) 898-7160 or FDICJFSRConference2018@fdic.gov.
Annual Bank Research Conference Agendas
Past Conferences and Symposia
All Links on this page reference Portable Document Format (PDF) files. Adobe Acrobat, a reader available for free on the Internet, is required to display or print PDF files. You may also request a printed copy of any of these documents.