The 2023 Risk Review provides a comprehensive summary of key developments and risks in the U.S. banking system, as in prior reports, and includes a new section focused on crypto-asset risk. This year's report incorporates data for 2022 through first quarter 2023, with insights related to the stress to the banking sector that emerged in March 2023.
Section 1 is an executive summary. Section 2 is an overview of economic, financial market, and banking industry conditions. Sections 3 through 7 include analysis of the key credit, market, operational, crypto-asset, and climate-related financial risks facing banks.
All items are PDF files. See PDF Help for assistance.
Section 1: Executive Summary
- Key Risks to Banks
Section 2: Overview of the Economy, Financial Markets, and Banking Industry
- Financial Markets
- Banking Industry
Section 3: Credit Risks
- Commercial Real Estate
- Consumer Lending
- Leveraged Lending and Corporate Debt
- Nonbank Financial Institution Lending
- Small Business Lending
Section 4: Market Risks
- Liquidity and Deposits
- Net Interest Margins and Interest Rate Risk
- Section 5: Operational Risk
- Section 6: Crypto-Asset Risk
- Section 7: Climate-Related Financial Risk
- Acronyms and Abbreviations
- Glossary of Terms