CIO Organization Strategic Plan 2020-2023: Executive Summary
The CIOO Strategic Plan for 2020-2023 identifies opportunities for the CIOO to improve internal operations in a constantly evolving technology environment. This plan uses the Balanced Scorecard Framework to ensure that themes are clearly defined, measurable, and considerate of multiple perspectives.
The plan centers on four Strategic Themes that impact the business at all levels:
- Effective Communication: We promote transparency by sharing timely, relevant information that is integrated into daily operations. This enables sound decision-making, optimizes collaboration, and ensures operational excellence.
- Strategic Focus: We continuously refine and execute on a clear, comprehensive, multi -year plan. This results in a modern, cost-effective, and agile IT environment that fosters business innovation, efficiency, and decision-making.
- Excellent Service Delivery: We provide secure, timely, efficient, and high-quality services that consistently exceed customer needs and expectations.
- Engaged Organization: We are an engaged and empowered trusted advisor to our customers and stakeholders. We develop and share knowledge and expertise to continuously improve the organization. Institutional knowledge and new expertise are infused and utilized to uplift the organization. We have the optimal resources to meet the needs of the FDIC.
We examine each Strategic Theme through four Perspectives:
- Customers: How well do the CIOO’s programs and services meet customer needs?
- Financial Stewardship: How well is the CIOO utilizing its resources to maximize value and the effectiveness of our mission?
- Internal Process: How efficient are the CIOO’s processes at delivering value to customers and stakeholders?
- People, Tools, and Technology: How operationally ready is the CIOO to learn, grow, and continuously improve?
Twelve Strategic Objectives are measurable actions that support each of the themes through the lens of the perspectives:
- Customer Objectives: Improve Communication, Improve Customer Satisfaction, and Strengthen Partnerships
- Financial Stewardship Objectives:Improve Use of Resources, Improve Budget and Strategy Alignment
- Internal Process Objectives:Improve Communications Process, Improve Human Capital Management, Improve the Delivery of Services, Improve Governance
- People, Tools, and Technology Objectives: Increase Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities, Improve Innovation, and Improve Technology
The Strategic Themes above and their associated Strategic Objectives will provide structure and guidance for major initiatives undertaken by the CIOO across the next three years. The twelve Strategic Objectives act as concrete and measurable stepping stones to move the organization toward its future state.