- "Operational Risk Management: An Evolving Discipline" provides an introduction to operational risk, outlines the current state of ORM, and describes different quantification approaches in this emerging field.
- "Banks and Hurricanes: A Look Back at the Storms of 20042005" provides a context for bankers when reviewing their plans for maintaining operations in the event of a disaster.
- "From the Examiner's Desk" takes a look at the impact of the 2004 HMDA reporting requirements on the examination process.
- "Enforcement Action Against Individuals: 2005—A Year in Review" – the third in a series about the enforcement action process as it applies to individuals – summarizes enforcement actions brought against individuals during 2005, with a particular focus on losses to banks resulting from insider misconduct or fraud.
- "Accounting News" provides an in-depth discussion of the key provisions of Financial Accounting Standards No. 123 (Revised) and its effect on banks' reported earnings and capital levels.
FDIC-Supervised Banks (Commercial and Savings)
Chief Executive Officer
Corporate Business Plans
Home Mortgage Disclosure Act
Supervisory Insights – Summer 2006
Bobbie Jean Norris, Managing Editor, on 202-898-3685
FIL-60-2006 - PDF 39k (PDF Help)
FDIC Financial Institution Letters (FILs) may be accessed from the FDIC's Web site at www.fdic.gov/news/news/financial/2006/index.html.
To receive FILs electronically, please visit http://www.fdic.gov/about/subscriptions/fil.html.
Paper copies of FDIC financial institution letters may be obtained through the FDIC's Public Information Center (1-877-275-3342 or 703-562-2200).