Coronavirus (COVID-19) Information for Bankers and Consumers
The FDIC is working with federal and state banking agencies, as well as, financial institutions to consider all reasonable and prudent steps to assist customers in communities affected by the Coronavirus (COVID-19). In addition, the agency is monitoring information issued by international and U.S. health organizations. Regulatory agencies have encouraged financial institutions to work with customers impacted by the coronavirus. Customers experiencing difficulties beyond their control should work directly with their financial institutions.
Frequently Asked Questions for those Impacted by Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19):
Information for use by bank customers:
- FDIC Consumer News: COVID-19 and Your Financial Health - April 2, 2020
- Press Release: FDIC Chairman Addresses FSOC; Underscores Banks and Deposits Remain Safe - March 26, 2020
- Press Release: FDIC: Insured Bank Deposits are Safe; Beware of Potential Scams Using the Agency's Name - March 18, 2020
- Press Release: Agencies Encourage Financial Institutions to Meet Financial Needs of Customers and Members Affected by Coronavirus - March 9, 2020
Special Event for Bankers
- Webinar scheduled for Friday, March 27, 2020 has been postponed.
Information for use by financial institutions:
- Financial Institution Letter: New SBA and Treasury Programs for Small Business Relief - April 2, 2020
- Press Release: Agencies Will Consider Comments on Volcker Rule Modifications Following Expiration of Comment Period - April 2, 2020
- Financial Institution Letter: Joint Statement on the Interaction of the CECL Revised Transition Interim Final Rule with Section 4014 of the Coronavirus Aid, Relief, and Economic Security Act - March 31,2020
- Financial Institution Letter: Statement on Part 363 Annual Reports in Response to the Coronavirus - March 27, 2020
- Press Release: Agencies Announce Two Actions to Support Lending to Households and Businesses - March 27, 2020
- Financial Institution Letter: FDIC Updates Steps to Protect Banks and Consumers and to Continue Operations - March 27, 2020
- Financial Institution Letter: The FDIC Announces a 30-Day Grace Period for the Call Report for the First Quarter of 2020 - March 27, 2020
- Financial Institution Letter: Temporary Alternative Procedures for Sending Supervision-Related Mail and Email to the FDIC - March 26, 2020
- Press Release: Federal Agencies Encourage Banks, Savings Associations and Credit Unions to Offer Responsible Small-Dollar Loans to Consumers and Small Businesses Affected by COVID-19 - March 26, 2020
- Federal Financial Institutions Examination Council: Financial Regulators Highlight Coordination and Collaboration of Efforts to Address COVID-19 - March 25, 2020
- Financial Institution Letter: Identification of Essential Critical Infrastructure Workers During the COVID-19 Response Efforts - March 26, 2020
- See more information for bankers
FDIC Chairman Jelena McWilliams informs bank customers about the ways the FDIC is working with banks to help during the Corona outbreak.
See more videos about what the FDIC is doing during the Corona outbreak.
- Centers for Disease Control (CDC) for Coronavirus
- USA.gov Coronavirus Website
- Department of Health and Human Services (DHHS)
- Department of Labor Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA)
- Business Pandemic Influenza Planning Checklist (DHSS) Checklist
- World Health Organization (WHO) Coronavirus Outbreak
- Ready.gov Pandemic Webpage
- U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs (VA)
- Department of Agriculture (USDA)
- Department of State Travel Advisories
- U.S. Agency for International Development (USAID)
- Coronavirus disease 2019 (COVID-19): What do Older Adults and People with Disabilities Need to Know?
- Money Smart for Older Adults Resource Guide
Helpful FDIC Articles
- Disaster Recovery and Your Money: A Basic To-Do List (FDIC Consumer News)
- When People Face Tough Times, Crooks Try to Profit (FDIC Consumer News)