FDIC, through its Division of Depositor and Consumer Protection, promotes economic inclusion both by making research available, particularly the FDIC National Survey of Unbanked and Underbanked Households, and by helping to build and strengthen positive connections between insured financial institutions and consumers, depositors, small businesses, and communities.
Access to safe, affordable, and sustainable insured transaction and savings accounts improves consumers’ ability to safely save, build assets, and create wealth; protects them from theft and discriminatory practices; and provides a financial safety net against unforeseen circumstances. Safe and affordable savings and credit solutions from insured depository institutions can improve household financial stability and resilience.
- Economic Inclusion.gov
- Advisory Committee on Economic Inclusion (ComE-IN)
- 2017 FDIC Economic Inclusion Summit Program
- 2017 FDIC Economic Inclusion Summit Proceedings - PDF format
- 2016 Bank Efforts to Serve Unbanked and Underbanked Consumers
- 2015 National Survey of Unbanked and Underbanked Households