Continuing IT Training Program
Virtual Private Networks
This course covers the technologies used to build secure links to private networks across a public infrastructure such as the Internet. You learn about the security issues of remote network access, cryptographic methods for authentication and confidentiality, the IP Security Protocol (IPSec) and network tunneling.
After completing this course, students will have a solid instruction to key topics related to Information Security including:
- Discuss what a VPN is
- Explain why banks are using VPN
- Understand the Architecture of a VPN
- Secure a VPN
- Build and understand a VPN based on IPsec
- Build and understand a VPN based on PPTP
- Understand how ISP play a role in VPN
- Discuss how VPN work through routers/firewalls
- Understand the differences between hardware and software VPN
- Understand how to manage a VPN
- Understand how to Audit a VPN
Lectures and class discussion.
Four and a half days.
IT Subject Matter Experts and IT Examiners.
Participant should have attended ITEC and all Basic Level courses
Post Course Feedback
For more information concerning course content, please contact Thomas Tuzinski (703) 254-2235 or regarding course administration contact Kathryn Shipley (703) 516-5071.