Continuing IT Training Program
Virtual Private Networks
Program OverviewThis course covers the technologies used to build secure links to private networks across a public infrastructure such as the Internet. You learn about the security issues of remote network access, cryptographic methods for authentication and confidentiality, the IP Security Protocol (IPSec) and network tunneling.
Key ObjectivesAfter completing this course, students will have a solid instruction to key topics related to Information Security including:
- Discuss what a VPN is
- Explain why banks are using VPN
- Understand the Architecture of a VPN
- Secure a VPN
- Build and understand a VPN based on IPsec
- Build and understand a VPN based on PPTP
- Understand how ISP play a role in VPN
- Discuss how VPN work through routers/firewalls
- Understand the differences between hardware and software VPN
- Understand how to manage a VPN
- Understand how to Audit a VPN
Instructional FormatLectures and class discussion.
IT Subject Matter Experts and IT Examiners.
This course is open to appropriate staff of the FDIC and partner government regulatory agencies. This course is not open to the public or staff of private banks.
PrerequisitesParticipant should have attended ITEC and all Basic Level courses
Post Course FeedbackNone.
For more information, please contact Kathryn Shipley at (703) 516-5071.