- Severe storms, tornadoes and flooding have caused significant damage to areas of Nebraska, Missouri and Kansas.
- The Nebraska counties of Blaine, Brown, Cass, Custer, Gage, Garfield, Jefferson, Johnson, Keya Paha, Knox, Loup, Nemaha, Otoe, Pawnee, Richardson, Saline, Saunders and Wheeler were declared federal disaster areas on June 6.
- In Missouri, the counties of Andrew, Atchison, Buchanan, Carroll, Chariton, Clay, Daviess, DeKalb, Gentry, Holt, Jackson, Lafayette, Livingston, Morgan, Nodaway, Osage and Platte were declared federal disaster areas on June 11.
- In Kansas, a federal disaster was declared on July 2 for the counties of Allen, Anderson, Bourbon, Butler, Chautauqua, Cherokee, Coffey, Cowley, Elk, Franklin, Linn, Miami, Montgomery, Neosho, Osage, Wilson and Woodson.
- The FDIC is encouraging banks to work constructively with borrowers who are experiencing difficulties beyond their control because of damage caused by the disaster.
- Extending repayment terms, restructuring existing loans or easing terms for new loans, if done in a manner consistent with sound banking practices, can contribute to the health of the community and serve the long-term interests of the lending institution.
- The FDIC will also consider regulatory relief from certain filing and publishing requirements for banks in the affected areas.
FDIC-Supervised Banks (Commercial and Savings)
in Nebraska, Missouri, and Kansas
Chief Executive Officer
Chief Lending Officer
Supervisory Practices Regarding Depository Institutions and Borrowers in Areas Affected by Severe Storms and Flooding in Nebraska, Missouri and Kansas
Deputy Regional Director Thomas J. Dujenski
(816) 234-8171 or TDujenski@fdic.gov
FIL-60-2007 - PDF (PDF Help)
FDIC financial institution letters (FILs) may be
accessed from the FDIC's Web site at
To receive FILs electronically, please visit
Paper copies of FDIC financial institution letters
may be obtained through the FDIC's Public
Information Center, 3501 Fairfax Drive, E-1002,
Arlington, VA 22226 (1-877-275-3342 or 703-562-