- On February 20, 2007, the Department of the Treasury's Office of Foreign Assets Control (OFAC) added a new entry to its Specially Designated Nationals and Blocked Persons list, under the Specially Designated Global Terrorists (SDGT) category.
- The new entry is: JIHAD AL-BINAA (a.k.a. CONSTRUCTION FOR THE SAKE OF THE HOLY STRUGGLE; a.k.a. CONSTRUCTION JIHAD; a.k.a. HOLY CONSTRUCTION FOUNDATION; a.k.a. JIHAD AL BINAA; a.k.a. JIHAD CONSTRUCTION; a.k.a. JIHAD CONSTRUCTION FOUNDATION; a.k.a. JIHAD CONSTRUCTION INSTITUTION; a.k.a. JIHAD-AL- BINAA ASSOCIATION; a.k.a. JIHADU-I-BINAA; a.k.a. STRUGGLE FOR RECONSTRUCTION), Bekaa Valley, Lebanon; Southern Lebanon, Lebanon; Beirut, Lebanon [SDGT]
- OFAC information also may be found on the Internet at http://www.treas.gov/offices/enforcement/ofac.
- Please distribute this information to the appropriate personnel in your institution.
- For further information about Executive Orders, the list of blocked accounts or the procedures to block accounts, please call OFAC's Compliance Programs Division at 1-800-540-6322.
FDIC-Supervised Banks (Commercial and Savings)
Chief Executive Officer
BSA Compliance Officer
Office of Foreign Assets Control
Review Examiner Tonya L. Spratley at
SASFIL@FDIC.gov or (202) 898-3673
FIL-23-2007 - PDF 34k (PDF Help)
FDIC Financial Institution Letters (FILs) may be
accessed from the FDIC's Web site at
To receive FILs electronically, please visit
Paper copies of FDIC FILs may be obtained
through the FDIC's Public Information Center,
3501 Fairfax Drive, Room E 1002, Arlington, VA
22226 (1-877-275-3342 or 703-562-2200).