Inactive Financial Institution Letters
|Office of Foreign Assets Control
Specially Designated Nationals and Blocked Persons
September 6, 2006
||The Department of the Treasury's Office of Foreign Assets Control has added new entries to the Specially Designated Nationals and Blocked Persons list.
- On August 15 and 16, 2006, the Department of the Treasury's Office of Foreign Assets Control (OFAC) added new entries to the Specially Designated Nationals and Blocked Persons list. The new entries are:
- IKHTIYAR, Hisham (a.k.a. AL IKHTEYAR, Hisham; a.k.a. AL IKHTIYAR, Hisham; a.k.a. AL-IKHTIYAR, Hisham; a.k.a. AL-IKHTIYAR, Hisham Ahmad; a.k.a. BAKHTIAR, Hisham; a.k.a. BAKHTIYAR, Hisham; a.k.a. ICHTIJAR, Hisham; a.k.a. IKHTEYAR, Hisham), Maliki, Damascus, Syria; DOB 1941; Major General; Director, Syria Ba'ath Party Regional Command National Security Bureau (individual) [SYRIA]
- JAMI JAMI (a.k.a. JAMA' JAMA'; a.k.a. JAMEA, Jamea Kamil; a.k.a. JAM'I JAM'I); DOB 16 Jun 1954; POB Jablah, Zama, Syria; Brigadier General (individual) [SYRIA]
- GREAT WALL AIRLINES (a.k.a. CHANGCHENG HANGKONG; a.k.a. GREAT WALL AIRLINES COMPANY LIMITED), 1600 Century Road, Shanghai 200122, China; C.R. No. 001144 (China) issued 20 Oct 2005 expires 19 Oct 2035 [NPWMD]
- OFAC has asked that we distribute the information to all FDIC-supervised institutions so records can be checked for accounts that are required to be blocked.
- OFAC information also may be found on the Internet at http://www.treas.gov/offices/enforcement/ofac.
- Please distribute this information to the appropriate personnel in your institution.
- For further information about Executive Orders, the list of blocked accounts or the procedures to block accounts, please call OFAC's Compliance Programs Division at 1-800-540-6322.
FDIC-Supervised Banks (Commercial and Savings)
Chief Executive Officer
BSA Compliance Officer
Office of Foreign Assets Control
Review Examiner Debra L. Novak at
SASFIL@FDIC.gov or (202) 898-3673
FIL-80-2006 - PDF 44k (PDF Help)
FDIC Financial Institution Letters (FILs) may be accessed from the FDIC's Web site at www.fdic.gov/news/news/financial/2006/index.html.
To receive FILs electronically, please visit http://www.fdic.gov/about/subscriptions/fil.html.
Paper copies of FDIC FILs may be obtained through the FDIC's Public Information Center,
3501 Fairfax Drive, E-1002, Arlington, VA 22226 (1-877-275-3342 or 703-562-2200).