Inactive Financial Institution Letters
|Office of Foreign Assets Control
Specially Designated Nationals and Blocked Persons
August 9, 2006
||The Department of the Treasury's Office of Foreign Assets Control has added two entries to its list of Specially Designated Nationals and Blocked Persons.
- On July 18, 2006, the Department of the Treasury's Office of Foreign Assets Control (OFAC) added two entries to its list of Specially Designated Nationals and Blocked Persons. The new entries, under the Weapons of Mass Destruction/Non-Proliferation Sanctions (NPWMD) Category, are as follows:
- SANAM INDUSTRIAL GROUP (a.k.a. SANAM INDUSTRIES GROUP), Pasdaran Road 15, Tehran, Iran [NPWMD]
- YA MAHDI INDUSTRIES GROUP (a.k.a. YA MAHDI INDUSTRIAL COMPLEX; a.k.a. YA MAHDI INDUSTRIAL RESEARCH COMPLEX; a.k.a. "YMA"), PO Box 19395-4731, Tehran, Iran [NPWMD]
- OFAC has asked that we distribute the information to all FDIC-supervised institutions so records can be checked for accounts that are required to be blocked.
- OFAC information also may be found on the Internet at http://www.treas.gov/offices/enforcement/ofac.
- Please distribute this information to the appropriate personnel in your institution.
- For further information about Executive Orders, the list of blocked accounts or the procedures to block accounts, please call OFAC's Compliance Programs Division at 1-800-540-6322.
FDIC-Supervised Banks (Commercial and Savings)
Chief Executive Officer
BSA Compliance Officer
Office of Foreign Assets Control
Review Examiner Tonya L. Spratley at
SASFIL@FDIC.gov or (202) 898-3673
FIL-72-2006 - PDF 44k (PDF Help)
FDIC Financial Institution Letters (FILs) may be accessed from the FDIC's Web site at www.fdic.gov/news/news/financial/2006/index.html.
To receive FILs electronically, please visit http://www.fdic.gov/about/subscriptions/fil.html.
Paper copies of FDIC FILs may be obtained through the FDIC's Public Information Center,
3501 N. Fairfax Drive, Room E 1002, Arlington, VA 22226 (1-877-275-3342 or 703-562-2200).