- On April 18, 2005, the Department of the Treasury's Office of Foreign Assets Control (OFAC) changed one entry on its list of Foreign Terrorist Organizations and Specially Designated Nationals and Blocked Persons (SDNs).
- The old entry is: LASHKAR E-TAYYIBA (a.k.a. AL MANSOOREEN; a.k.a. AL MANSOORIAN; a.k.a. ARMY OF THE PURE; a.k.a. ARMY OF THE PURE AND RIGHTEOUS; a.k.a. ARMY OF THE RIGHTEOUS; a.k.a. LASHKAR E-TOIBA; a.k.a. LASHKAR-I-TAIBA), Pakistan [FTO] [SDGT]
- The new entry is: LASHKAR E-TAYYIBA (a.k.a. AL MANSOOREEN; a.k.a. AL MANSOORIAN; a.k.a. ARMY OF THE PURE; a.k.a. ARMY OF THE PURE AND RIGHTEOUS; a.k.a. ARMY OF THE RIGHTEOUS; a.k.a. LASHKAR E-TOIBA; a.k.a. LASHKAR-I-TAIBA; a.k.a. PAASBAN-E-AHLE-HADIS; a.k.a. PAASBAN-E-KASHMIR; a.k.a. PAASBAN-I-AHLE-HADITH; a.k.a. PASBAN-E-AHLE-HADITH; a.k.a. PASBAN-E-KASHMIR), Pakistan [FTO] [SDGT]
- OFAC has asked that we distribute the information to all FDIC-supervised institutions so records can be checked for accounts that are required to be blocked.
- OFAC information also may be found on the Internet at http://www.treas.gov/offices/enforcement/ofac/.
- Please distribute this information to the appropriate personnel in your institution.
- For further information about Executive Orders, the list of blocked accounts or the procedures to block accounts, please call OFAC's Compliance Programs Division at
FDIC-Supervised Banks (Commercial and Savings)
Chief Executive Officer
BSA Compliance Officer
Office of Foreign Assets Control
Senior Financial Analyst, Debra L. Novak at SASFIL@FDIC.gov or (202) 898-3673
FIL-31-2005 - PDF 32k (PDF Help)
FDIC Financial Institution Letters (FILs) may be accessed from the FDIC's Web site at www.fdic.gov/news/news/financial/2005/index.html.
To receive FILs electronically, please visit http://www.fdic.gov/about/subscriptions/fil.html.
Paper copies of FDIC FILs may be obtained through the FDIC's Public Information Center, 801 17th Street, NW, Room 100, Washington, DC 20434 (1-877-275-3342 or (703) 562-2200).