Inactive Financial Institution Letters
March 25, 2020
Interagency Webinar on the Statement on Loan Modifications and Reporting for Institutions Working with Customers Affected by the Coronavirus
The FDIC, the Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve, the Office of the Comptroller of the Currency, the National Credit Union Administration, and the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau (the agencies) will jointly host a webinar for bankers to raise awareness of the Interagency Statement on Loan Modifications and Reporting for Financial Institutions Working with Customers Affected by the Coronavirus. The webinar is scheduled for Friday, March 27, 2020, at 2:00 p.m. Eastern Daylight Time (EDT).
Statement of Applicability to Institutions with Total Assets under $1 Billion: This Financial Institution Letter (FIL) applies to all FDIC-supervised institutions.
- The agencies will host an interagency webinar for bankers, "Interagency Statement on Loan Modifications and Reporting for Financial Institutions Working with Customers Affected by the Coronavirus," on Friday, March 27, 2020, from 2:00 p.m. to 2:45 p.m. EDT.
- The agencies encourage institutions to work prudently with borrowers affected by the Coronavirus Disease 2019 (referred to as COVID-19). Consistent with safety and soundness standards, institutions should exercise sound risk management practices over all aspects of their loan modification programs for customers affected by COVID-19. Such programs should be appropriate for the size and complexity of institutions.
- Participants may join the webinar at https://www.webcaster4.com/Webcast/Page/583/33856 starting 15 minutes before the webinar begins. Advance registration is not required; however, participants are encouraged to register in advance using the link above.
- Audio portion dial-in information will be made available at the registration link above.
- We encourage participants to submit questions in advance to the webinar producer at email@example.com. Other questions about the webinar or registration also may be directed to the producer at the same email address.
- Webinar materials will be archived for future viewing and can be accessed after the webinar at the registration link above.
- FDIC-Supervised Institutions
- Chief Executive Officer
- Chief Financial Officer
- Chief Credit Officer
- Board of Directors
- Frequently Asked Questions for Financial Institutions Affected by the Coronavirus Disease 2019 (Referred to as COVD-19)
- FIL-22-2020, Interagency Statement on Loan Modifications by Financial Institutions Working with Customers Affected by the Coronavirus
- John Rieger, Chief Accountant, Division of Risk Management Supervision, 202-898-3602 or firstname.lastname@example.org
- Shannon Beattie, Deputy Chief Accountant, 202-898-3952 or email@example.com
Paper copies may be obtained via the FDIC's Public Information Center, 3501 Fairfax Drive, E-1002, Arlington, VA 22226 (877-275-3342 or 703-562-2200).