Financial Institution Letters
October 6, 2017
Proposed Simplifications to the Capital Rule Pursuant to the Economic Growth and Regulatory Paperwork Reduction Act of 1996
The FDIC, the Office of the Comptroller of the Currency (OCC), and the Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System (FRB) will host an interagency conference call on Thursday, October 12, 2017, at 1:00 p.m. Eastern Time. Topics to be addressed are the proposed changes to the capital rules related to the treatment of acquisition, development or construction (ADC) loans, items subject to threshold deduction, and minority interests includable in regulatory capital.
Statement of Applicability to Institutions with Total Assets Under $1 Billion: This Financial Institution Letter applies to all FDIC-supervised institutions.
- A teleconference with an accompanying webinar will be hosted jointly by the FDIC, FRB, and OCC on Thursday, October 12, 2017, from 1:00 p.m. to 2:00 p.m. ET to address proposed changes to simplify the generally applicable capital rules related to treatment of ADC loans, items subject to threshold deduction, and minority interests includable in regulatory capital.
- Bank officers and staff may join the webinar at:
Participants are asked to join the webinar 20 minutes before it begins.
- Participants may dial-in to the teleconference using this information:
Participant Passcode: 9639527
- A question-and-answer session will follow the presentation. We encourage participants to submit questions via email before the webinar to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Attached to this FIL is a summary of the proposal and an estimation tool to help community banking organizations evaluate the impact of the proposal. These resources also are available at https://www.fdic.gov/regulations/capital/index.html.
- FDIC-Supervised Banks
- Chief Executive Officer
- Chief Financial Officer
- Chief Risk Officer
- Simplifications to the Capital Rule Pursuant to the Economic Growth and Regulatory Paperwork Reduction Act of 1996
- Community Bank Summary of the Proposal
- Capital Simplification NPR Estimation Tool
- Benedetto Bosco, Chief, Capital Policy, at email@example.com or (202) 898-6853; Michael Maloney, Capital Markets Policy Analyst, at firstname.lastname@example.org or (202) 898-6516; or email@example.com or (202) 898-6888
FDIC Financial Institution Letters (FILs) may be accessed from the FDIC's website at https://www.fdic.gov/news/news/financial/2017/
To receive FILs electronically, please visit https://www.fdic.gov/about/subscriptions/fil.html.
Paper copies may be obtained through the FDIC's Public Information Center, 3501 Fairfax Drive, E-1002, Arlington, VA 22226 (1-877-275-3342 or 703-562-2200).