Financial Institution Letters
September 6, 2017
FFIEC Launches New Industry Outreach Website
The Federal Financial Institutions Examination Council (FFIEC) launched a new Industry Outreach website for financial institutions, trade associations, third-party providers, and consultants.
Statement of Applicability to Institutions with Total Assets Under $1 Billion: This FIL applies to all FDIC-supervised financial institutions.
- The FFIEC launched a new Industry Outreach website designed to share information about current issues related to financial institution supervision, and to provide updates to supervisory guidance and regulations.
- The website also provides access to upcoming FFIEC-sponsored webinars and includes an archive of past webinars, including the Military Lending Act and Mobile Financial Services – Appendix E of the Retail Payment Systems Booklet. Additional seminars, such as Updates to FFIEC Information Technology Guidance, which includes a summary of updates to the Management and Information Security Booklets and the Cyber Assessment Tool, will be added to the archive in the near future.
- The Industry Outreach program was developed to enhance communication between the FFIEC and financial institutions, trade associations, third-party service providers, consultants, and other interested parties. To learn more about the program, or sign-up to receive FFIEC email updates, visit https://industryoutreach.ffiec.gov.
- FDIC-Supervised Banks (Commercial and Savings)
- Chief Executive Officer
- Chief Compliance Officer
- Chief Risk Officer
- Chief Information Security Officer
- Philip Mento, Associate Director at PMento@fdic.gov or (202) 898-3878
FDIC Financial Institution Letters (FILs) may be accessed from the FDIC's Web site at www.fdic.gov/news/news/financial/2017/index.html.
To receive FILs electronically, please visit http://www.fdic.gov/about/subscriptions/index.html
Paper copies of FDIC FILs may be obtained through the FDIC's Public Information Center, 3501 Fairfax Drive, Room E 1002, Arlington, VA 22226 (1-877-275-3342 or 703-562-2200).