Inactive Financial Institution Letters
March 7, 2017
Supervisory Insights Journal
Winter 2016 Issue Now Available
The Winter 2016 issue of Supervisory Insights features an article of interest to bankers, examiners, and supervisors. "Credit Risk Trends and Supervisory Expectation Highlights" identifies trends in credit risk in commercial real estate, agriculture, and oil and gas-related lending. The publication is available at http://www.fdic.gov/regulations/examinations/supervisory/insights/index.html.
Statement of Applicability to Institutions with Total Assets under $1 Billion: The information contained in this issue of Supervisory Insights may be of general interest to FDIC-supervised financial institutions, but it is not supervisory guidance.
- Financial institutions that have prudently managed loan growth in the past have been better positioned to withstand periods of stress and continue to serve the credit needs of their local communities.
- "Credit Risk Trends and Supervisory Expectation Highlights" identifies trends in credit risk and emphasizes to bankers and examiners that now is the time to heed long-standing principles of sound risk management practices.
- This article examines growth on bank balance sheets and effective risk management practices related to commercial real estate, agriculture, and oil and gas-related lending.
- The "Regulatory and Supervisory Roundup" provides an overview of recently released regulations and supervisory guidance.
- Suggestions for article topics and requests for permission to reprint articles should be e-mailed to email@example.com. Requests for print copies should be e-mailed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- FDIC-supervised Institutions
- Chief Executive Officer
- Compliance Officer
- Commercial Real Estate Lending
- Agricultural Lending
- Oil and Gas-related Lending
- Credit Risk
- Risk Management
- Kim E. Lowry, Managing Editor (email@example.com or 202-898-6635)
FDIC Financial Institution Letters (FILs) are available on the FDIC's Web site at www.fdic.gov/news/news/financial/2017/index.html.
To receive FILs electronically, visit http://www.fdic.gov/about/subscriptions/fil.html.
Paper copies may be obtained through the FDIC's Public Information Center, 3501 Fairfax Drive, E-1002, Arlington, VA 22226 (1-877-275-3342 or 703-562-2200).