Financial Institution Letters
July 29, 2016
FDIC Seeks Comment on Bank Appeals Guidelines
The Federal Deposit Insurance Corporation (FDIC) is seeking comments on updates to its guidelines for institutions to appeal certain supervisory determinations.
Statement of Applicability to Institutions under $1 Billion in Total Assets: This Financial Institution Letter applies to all FDIC-supervised commercial and savings banks, including community institutions.
- The proposed supervision appeals guidelines expand the circumstances under which banks may appeal certain material supervisory determinations.
- Comments on the proposed guidelines will be accepted until 60 days after it is published in the Federal Register.
- The proposed guidelines are part of a package issued by the FDIC Board of Directors to improve the transparency and clarity of the FDIC's supervisory policies and practices, and to ensure that institutions have clear and fair avenues to pursue when there are differences of opinion regarding supervisory matters.
- FDIC-Supervised Banks (Commercial and Savings) and FDIC-Supervised Savings Associations
- Chief Executive Officer / Chief Operating Officer
- FDIC Seeks Comment on Bank Appeals Guidelines, Third-Party Lending Guidance as Part of Package of Updated Policies and Procedures
- FIL-51-2016 Reminder on Examination Findings
- Sheikha Kapoor, senior counsel, 202-898-3960
FDIC Financial Institution Letters (FILs) may be accessed from the FDIC's website at https://www.fdic.gov/news/news/financial/2016/.
To receive FILs electronically, please visit https://www.fdic.gov/about/subscriptions/fil.html.
Paper copies may be obtained via the FDIC's Public Information Center, 3501 Fairfax Drive, E 1002, Arlington, VA 22226 (877-275-3342 or 703-562-2200).