Inactive Financial Institution Letters
July 10, 2015
Banker Teleconference Series
Timely and Comprehensive Information from the FDIC
The FDIC's Division of Depositor and Consumer Protection (DCP) offers a series of events for bankers, including teleconferences and webinars, to maintain open lines of communication and update bank management and staff on important bank regulatory and emerging issues in the compliance and consumer protection area. The next event is a teleconference scheduled for July 30, 2015, that will focus on youth savings programs. FDIC staff will discuss ways that banks can link financial education efforts to the opening of saving accounts for school-aged children and share early observations from the FDIC's Youth Savings Pilot. Staff also will discuss the February 2015 Interagency Guidance to Encourage Financial Institutions' Youth Savings Programs and address related, frequently asked questions. The session is free, but registration is required.
Statement of Applicability to Institutions Under $1 Billion in Total Assets: This Financial Institution Letter applies to all FDIC-supervised institutions.
- FDIC staff will discuss youth savings programs and the 2015 interagency guidance.
- The teleconference is scheduled for July 30, 2015, from 2:00 p.m. to 3:30 p.m. EDT. Registration is available online. Please register by July 28, 2015.
- We encourage institutions to submit questions prior to the teleconference by sending an email to BankerTeleconference@fdic.gov.
- The FDIC also is soliciting suggestions from institutions on topics for future banker events. Please submit suggestions to BankerTeleconference@fdic.gov.
- For additional information on the upcoming teleconference, see the attached announcement.
- FDIC-Supervised Institutions
- Chief Executive Officer
- Compliance Officer
- Chief Lending Officer
- General Counsel
- Benjamin Navarro, Policy Analyst at (202) 898-6766 or BankerTeleconference@fdic.gov.
FDIC Financial Institution Letters (FILs) may be accessed from the FDIC's Web site at https://www.fdic.gov/news/news/financial/2015/.
To receive FILs electronically, please visit https://www.fdic.gov/about/subscriptions/fil.html.
Paper copies may be obtained through the FDIC's Public Information Center, 3501 Fairfax Drive, E-1002, Arlington, VA 22226 (877-275-3342 or 703-562-2200).