Financial Institution Letters
January 24, 2014
FDIC Announces Upcoming Community Affairs Webinar:
Savings Strategies During America Saves Week 2014
The FDIC's Division of Depositor and Consumer Protection (DCP) Community Affairs Branch will host a webinar titled Savings Strategies During America Saves Week 2014 on February 4, 2014, from 2:30 p.m. to 3:30 p.m. (EST). The webinar will highlight potential strategies and approaches for institutions to consider pursuing to promote savings during America Saves Week. This webinar is one in a series of webinars highlighting strategies institutions can use to promote community development and expand access to the banking system.
Statement of Applicability to Institutions Under $1 Billion in Total Assets: This Financial Institution Letter applies to all FDIC-supervised institutions.
- America Saves Week 2014 is February 24 through March 1, 2014, and the theme is "Set a Goal, Make a Plan, Save Automatically."
- During the upcoming webinar, representatives from America Saves, the Internal Revenue Service (IRS), and the Department of Labor will join the FDIC to explore opportunities to participate in America Saves Week 2014. The IRS presenter will speak about the Volunteer Income Tax Assistance program, and the Department of Labor grantee will explore youth employment programs institutions can work with to promote savings.
- The webinar will be held on Tuesday, February 4, 2014, from 2:30 p.m. to 3:30 p.m. (EST). To participate, institutions must register here by January 31.
- Each institution is responsible for assessing whether the ideas and information presented during the webinar are appropriate for the institution to pursue, given factors such as the institution's business focus, existing economic inclusion/community development strategies, financial condition, and market.
- The FDIC welcomes suggestions for topics to be covered during future webinars. Please submit suggestions to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- FDIC-Supervised Banks (Commercial and Savings)
- Chief Executive Officer
- Chief CRA Officer
- Compliance Officer
- FDIC Outreach and Program Development Section at email@example.com
- Yolanda Green, Community Affairs Assistant, Division of Depositor and Consumer Protection, at firstname.lastname@example.org or (703) 258-1063