- On July 25, 2012, as part of its Community Banking Initiatives, the FDIC placed on its Web site a draft regulatory calendar to facilitate compliance and help improve communication with the banking industry.
- The FDIC requested feedback from the industry on ways to improve the calendar and revised it after reviewing the comments received. The updated calendar is available at http://www.fdic.gov/regulations/resources/cbi/calendar.html.
- The calendar includes notices of proposed, interim, and final rulemakings; supervisory guidance to financial institutions issued by the FDIC and FFIEC; and joint issuances with other regulators that do not fall under the auspices of the FFIEC. It also includes selected items from other regulators relevant to the FDIC's supervisory examination programs.
- In addition, the calendar provides dates and topics of upcoming outreach events for bankers, such as conference calls to discuss important regulatory issues.
- The calendar briefly describes each item and provides reference material and key dates banks should be aware of, such as the comment period for proposed rules and the effective date for finalized guidance. The description can be viewed by clicking on the calendar entry.
- The calendar, which may also be viewed in a list format, offers other user features such as filter, search, print, export (e.g., Outlook, Blackberry, iPhone, Palm, Excel), and help functions.
- The FDIC appreciates all the comments and suggestions received on ways to enhance the calendar.
- Bankers should consult source documents for complete information.
FDIC-Supervised Banks (Commercial and Savings)
Chief Executive Officer
Chief Operating Officer
Chief Lending Officer
Karen Jones Currie, Senior Examination Specialist, Division of Risk Management Supervision, at (202) 898-3981 or email@example.com
Lance Jameson, National Knowledge Coordinator, Division of Depositor and Consumer Protection, at (202) 898-3708 or firstname.lastname@example.org
FDIC Financial Institution Letters (FILs) may be accessed from the FDIC's Web site at www.fdic.gov/news/news/financial/2012/index.html.
To receive FILs electronically, please visit http://www.fdic.gov/about/subscriptions/fil.html.
Paper copies may be obtained through the FDIC's Public Information Center, 3501 Fairfax Drive, E-1002, Arlington, VA 22226 (1-877-275-3342 or 703-562-2200).