- The FFIEC has released the 2007 version of the BSA/AML Examination Manual.
- The revised manual reflects the ongoing commitment of the federal banking agencies and the Financial Crimes Enforcement Network (FinCEN) to provide current and consistent guidance on risk-based policies, procedures and processes for banking organizations to comply with the BSA and safeguard operations from money laundering and terrorist financing.
- The manual has been updated to further clarify supervisory expectations and incorporate regulatory changes since the manual's 2006 release. The revisions also reflect feedback from the banking industry and examination staff.
- New and revised sections of the manual are identified in the table of contents by a 2007 revision date and in the attached Interagency Transmittal Letter.
- The revised manual can be accessed from the FFIEC BSA/AML InfoBase at: http://www.ffiec.gov/bsa_aml_infobase/default.htm.
FDIC-Supervised Banks (Commercial and Savings)
Chief Executive Officer
BSA Compliance Officer
Bank Secrecy Act
Interagency Transmittal Letter
Review Examiner Eric S. Walker at
SASFIL@FDIC.gov or (202) 898-3673
FIL-73-2007 - PDF (PDF Help)
FDIC Financial Institution Letters (FILs) may be
accessed from the FDIC's Web site at
To receive FILs electronically, please visit
Paper copies of FDIC FILs may be obtained
through the FDIC's Public Information Center,
3501 N. Fairfax Drive, Room E 1002, Arlington, VA
22226 (1-877-275-3342 or 703-562-2200).