Inactive Financial Institution Letters
October 12, 2017
Consolidated Reports of Condition and Income
The Consolidated Reports of Condition and Income (Call Report) for the September 30, 2017, report date must be submitted to the agencies' Central Data Repository (CDR) by Monday, October 30, 2017. Certain institutions with foreign offices have an additional five calendar days to file their reports. FDIC-supervised institutions significantly affected by Hurricane Harvey, Hurricane Irma, or Hurricane Maria may experience difficulty or delay in filing their third quarter 2017 Call Reports. Affected institutions should contact their FDIC Regional Office or the FDIC's Data Collection and Analysis Section to discuss their situation.
Statement of Applicability to Institutions With Total Assets Under $1 Billion: This Financial Institution Letter applies to all FDIC-supervised banks and savings associations, including community institutions.
- The Call Report forms for September 2017 are available on the Federal Financial Institutions Examination Council's (FFIEC) website at https://www.ffiec.gov/ffiec_report_forms.htm and the FDIC's website at https://www.fdic.gov/callreports.
- No new or revised data items take effect this quarter in the FFIEC 051, FFIEC 041, or FFIEC 031 Call Report.
- Separate updates to the instruction book for the FFIEC 051 Call Report and the instruction book for the FFIEC 041 and FFIEC 031 Call Reports for September 2017 are available on the FFIEC's and the FDIC's websites.
- Eligible small institutions, generally those with domestic offices only and total assets less than $1
billion, have the option to file either the FFIEC 051 or the FFIEC 041 Call Report.
- An eligible institution that filed the FFIEC 041 for the March 31 and June 30, 2017, report dates may begin to file the FFIEC 051 this quarter, or the institution may wait until the December 31, 2017, report date to start using the FFIEC 051.
- Beginning in 2018, an eligible institution would be expected to file the same report form, either the FFIEC 051 or the FFIEC 041, for each quarterly report date during the year.
- Institutions should review FIL-49-2017 and its accompanying Supplemental Instructions for further information on the third quarter 2017 Call Report.
- For assistance with CDR system-related issues, including user accounts and passwords, please contact the CDR Help Desk by telephone at 888-CDR-3111, by fax at 703-774-3946, or by email at CDR.Help@ffiec.gov between 9:00 a.m. and 8:00 p.m., Eastern Time, Monday through Friday.
- FDIC-Supervised Banks (Commercial and Savings) and FDIC-Supervised Savings Associations
- Chief Financial Officer
- Chief Accounting Officer
- Call Report Preparer
- FIL-49-2017, October 10, 2017, Consolidated
Reports of Condition and Income for Third Quarter 2017
- FIL-46-2017, September 27, 2017, Guidance to Help
Financial Institutions and Facilitate Recovery in Areas Affected by Hurricane Maria
- PR-69-2017, September 6, 2017, Federal and State
Banking Agencies Issue Statement on Supervisory Practices Regarding Financial Institutions and
Borrowers Affected by Hurricane Irma
- PR-64-2017, August 26, 2017, Federal and State Banking Agencies Issue Statement on Supervisory Practices Regarding Financial Institutions and Borrowers Affected by Hurricane Harvey
- FDIC's Data Collection and Analysis Section at 800-688-3342 or FDICInfoReq@fdic.gov
FDIC Financial Institution Letters (FILs) may be accessed from the FDIC's website at https://www.fdic.gov/news/news/financial/2017/
To receive FILs electronically, please visit https://service.govdelivery.com/accounts/USFDIC/subscriber/new.
Paper copies may be obtained via the FDIC's Public Information Center, 3501 Fairfax Drive, E 1002, Arlington, VA 22226 (877-275-3342 or 703-562-2200).