The FDIC will host a webinar for bankers and other interested parties on Wednesday, March 17, 2021 from 1:00 p.m. to 2:30 p.m., Eastern Time, to discuss the recent revisions to the regulations on brokered deposits and interest rate restrictions in Part 337 of the FDIC’s Rules and Regulations. The revisions were approved by the FDIC Board on December 15, 2020, and published in the Federal Register on January 22, 2021. The final rule is effective April 1, 2021, with an extended compliance date of January 1, 2022 for certain provisions in the rule.
Statement of Applicability: This Financial Institution Letter applies to all FDIC-Insured Institutions.
- FDIC staff is hosting an informational webinar on the Microsoft Teams Live platform to provide an overview of recent changes to the brokered deposit and interest rate restrictions that apply to less than well capitalized insured depository institutions.
- This webinar will also cover the process for entities that may need to submit a notice, application, or ongoing reports, in order to rely on the primary purpose exception to the definition of “deposit broker.”
- Questions regarding the final rule may be submitted in advance of, or subsequent to, the webinar via email to Brokered_Dep@FDIC.gov.
- As part of the program, FDIC staff will address questions received before the webinar. Questions not addressed during the webinar, or received after the webinar, may be considered for inclusion in a future industry communication prior to the April 1 effective date.
- No registration is required.
Participants can join the event directly by clicking here.
All FDIC-Insured Institutions
Chief Executive Officer
Chief Financial Officer
Sensitivity to Market Risk