Interagency Webinar: Applying Model Risk Management to
Current Expected Credit Losses (CECL) Models at Large Banks
Tuesday, September 3, 2019
2:00 PM – 3:00 PM Eastern Time
The FDIC, the Federal Reserve, and the Office of the Comptroller of the Currency (the Agencies) will jointly host a webinar to clarify the use of model risk management by large institutions for model-based processes employed in their CECL frameworks. The webinar is scheduled for Tuesday, September 3, 2019, at 2:00 p.m. Eastern Daylight Time.
- This webinar will address key aspects of model risk management practices for model-based processes used in large banks’ CECL frameworks. It is targeted to institutions with at least $50 billion in total assets; however, all institutions are welcome to participate.
- The Agencies recognize that models may be used to varying degrees for CECL. Consistent with safety and soundness standards, institutions should exercise sound risk management practices over all aspects of their CECL frameworks, including models. These frameworks should be appropriate for the size and complexity of institutions.
- Bankers are encouraged to invite representatives from functional areas within their institutions who are involved in the implementation of the new credit losses accounting standard to participate in the webinar.
- Participants may join the webinar at https://www.webcaster4.com/Webcast/Page/583/31365 starting 15 minutes before the webinar begins. Advance registration is not required; however, participants are encouraged to register in advance at this link.
- Participants may dial into the audio portion of the webinar at 888-625-5230 using participant passcode 70397607#.
- A question-and-answer session will follow the presentation. We encourage participants to submit questions in advance via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Specific questions about the webinar or your registration may be directed to the webinar producer at email@example.com.
- The information above is also available in Financial Institution Letter 48-2019.
To replay the webinar and/or access available presentation materials, click the “webcaster” registration link in the bullet points above. If you have not previously registered for the webinar, complete and submit the required information in order to launch the webinar. If you have previously registered for the webinar, enter the email associated with your prior registration, select the log in button, and then select launch webcast on the following screen. After launching the webinar, available materials will be accessible via black buttons near the bottom of the screen. Ensure that your browser window is set to full screen for buttons to be visible.
To access information for other CECL-related interagency webinars, click on the applicable webinar below.
- Current Expected Credit Losses (CECL) Weighted-Average Remaining Maturity (WARM) Method webinar from April 11, 2019
- Current Expected Credit Losses Methodology Q&A Webinar for Community Bankers webinar from July 30, 2018
- Implementation Examples for the Current Expected Credit Losses Methodology (CECL) webinar from February 27, 2018