#GetBanked Series: Strategies for Helping Consumers Get Banked and Utilize Banking Services and Products in Michigan, Kentucky and Illinois
During Financial Capability Month, the Federal Deposit Insurance Corporation is a hosting a three-part series of webinars to correspond with their public awareness campaign focusing on account access. The webinars will provide strategies for educating unbanked consumers about the importance of bank accounts, highlighting affordable account options, maintaining their bank accounts, and protecting their accounts from fraud and identity theft.
Part I -Exploring Opportunities to Open Affordable Bank Accounts - Michigan
This webinar will focus on strategies for educating unbanked consumers about the importance of bank accounts and affordable account options available from certain financial institutions. Attendees will learn practical money management tips and improve their understanding of how bank accounts can assist consumers during the pandemic and with financial planning for the future.
- Shannon Bonesteel Homeownership Services Coordinator, Wayne Metropolitan Community Action Agency, Detroit, Michigan
- Colin Miller, Talent Specialist & BRN Coordinator, Business Services, Macomb St. Clair Works
- Zach Etzin, Operations Specialist, Office of Financial Empowerment, Lansing, Michigan
- Eric Louden, Community Affairs Specialist, Federal Deposit Insurance Corporation
Friday, April 2, 2021 from 11:00 AM to 12:00 PM ET
Part II - Using Bank Accounts to Make Finances Easy - Kentucky:
This webinar will highlight the benefits of bank accounts that help consumers make every day financial transactions easy, efficient, and safe. Attendees will learn about account features such as direct deposit, online banking, automatic bill payments, and check cashing services.
- Erin Waddell, Co-Chair, BankOn Louisville, Louisville Metro Office of Financial Empowerment
- Adam Hall, Vice President and Community and Economic Development Manager, Fifth Third Bank
- Lamar Davis, Community Affairs Specialist, Federal Deposit Insurance Corporation
Friday, April 16, 2021 from 11:00 AM to 12:00 PM ET
Part III - Protecting and Maintaining Bank Accounts - Illinois:
This webinar will provide strategies for consumers to maintain their bank accounts by understanding and reviewing account statements and protecting accounts from fraud and identity theft.
- Tracy Frizzell, Executive Director, Economic Awareness Council
- Debbie Cortez, Manager, BankOn Chicago, Economic Awareness Council
- Towanna P. Griggs, Branch Banker, PNC Bank
- Glenn Brewer, Community Affairs Specialist, Federal Deposit Insurance Corporation
Friday, April 30, 2021 from 11:00 AM to 12:00 PM ET
Webinar, registration information below.
Who should attend:
Non-profit organizations, other community-based organizations, federal, state and local governments, and other stakeholders interested in learning strategies to improve access to affordable sustainable bank accounts.
To register online, click Register and fill out the needed information. You will receive a confirmation email once completed.
If you have any questions about the event, please email Glenn Brewer at firstname.lastname@example.org.