Financial Institution Diversity
Financial Institution Diversity is a program for assessing the diversity policies and practices of FDIC regulated financial institutions. The FDIC, together with other federal financial regulators, developed and issued the Interagency Policy Statement Establishing Joint Standards for Assessing the Diversity Policies and Practices of Entities Regulated by the Agencies (Policy Statement) on June 10, 2015.
The Standards identified in the Policy Statement offer guidance and a framework that enable a financial institution to voluntarily assess its diversity and inclusion practices in several key areas:
- Organizational Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
- Workforce Profile and Employment Practices
- Procurement and Business Practices – Supplier Diversity
- Practices to Promote Transparency of Organizational Diversity and Inclusion
- Entities' Self-Assessment
The material contained in the Diversity Toolkit provides informative resources to assess and strengthen diversity programs in FDIC's regulated financial institutions.