Financial Institution Letters
October 17, 2016
Banker Teleconference Series
Timely and Comprehensive Information from the FDIC
The Federal Deposit Insurance Corporation's Division of Depositor and Consumer Protection (DCP) offers a series of events for bankers, including teleconferences and webinars, to maintain open lines of communication and update bank management and staff on important bank regulatory and emerging issues in the compliance and consumer protection area. The next event is an interagency webinar scheduled for Wednesday, November 9, 2016. The FDIC will be joined by the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau, Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System, National Credit Union Administration, and Office of the Comptroller of the Currency to discuss overdraft practices. FDIC staff will cover requirements and best practices regarding bank overdraft programs. Advance registration is required.
Statement of Applicability to Institutions Under $1 Billion in Total Assets: This Financial Institution Letter applies to all FDIC-supervised institutions.
- FDIC and other agency staff will address topics related to overdraft practices, including information gathered through consumer compliance examinations and consumer complaints.
- The webinar is scheduled for Wednesday, November 9, 2016, from 2:00 p.m. to 3:30 p.m. Eastern Standard Time. Registration is available online.
- Agency staff will respond to questions during the Question-and-Answer segment, which will follow the presentation. We also encourage institutions to submit questions prior to the webinar via email. Email questions must be submitted prior to October 21.
- The FDIC is also soliciting suggestions from institutions on topics for future banker events. Please submit suggestions to BankerTeleconference@FDIC.gov.
- FDIC-Supervised Institutions
- Chief Executive Officer
- Compliance Officer
- Chief Lending Officer
- General Counsel
- Monika Jansen, Policy Analyst, at (202) 898-7060 or mjansen@FDIC.gov
FDIC financial institution letters (FILs) may be accessed from the FDIC's Web site at www.fdic.gov/news/news/financial/2016.
To receive FILs electronically, please visit http://www.fdic.gov/about/subscriptions/fil.html.
Paper copies may be obtained through the FDIC's Public Information Center, 3501 Fairfax Drive, E-1002, Arlington, VA 22226 (1-877-275-3342 or 703-562-2200).