Inactive Financial Institution Letters
April 17, 2015
Revised April 21, 2015
Industry Call Regarding Guidance on Identifying, Accepting, and Reporting Brokered Deposits
This FIL was updated on April 21, 2015, to include a new call-in number and passcode.
The FDIC is hosting an informational call for FDIC-insured institutions on April 22, 2015, at 1:00 p.m. EDT to discuss the Brokered Deposit Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) issued in FIL-2-2015.
Statement of Applicability to Institutions With Total Assets Under $1 Billion: This Financial Institution Letter applies to all insured depository institutions.
- During this call, FDIC staff will discuss and respond to questions received about the FAQs contained in FIL-2-2015, which provide guidance on identifying brokered deposits, accepting deposits, listing services, and other brokered deposit-related matters.
- The call is scheduled for Wednesday, April 22, 2015, from 1:00 p.m. to 2:00 p.m. EDT. To access the call, dial (800) 369-1909 and enter passcode 2237902#.
- A Power Point presentation will be posted on the FDIC's Conferences & Events Web site the morning of the call.
- Brokered deposit determinations are very specific to particular deposits and programs. Therefore, we encourage questions to be submitted in advance of the call via email to RAC@fdic.gov. Please reference "Brokered Deposit FAQs" in your email.
- FDIC-Insured Depository Institutions
- Chief Executive Officer
- Chief Financial Officer
- Martin Thompson, Senior Examination Specialist, Division of Risk Management Supervision,
- (202) 898-6767
- Rebecca Berryman, Senior Capital Markets Specialist, Division of Risk Management Supervision, (202) 898-6901
- Christopher Hencke, Counsel, Legal Division,
- (202) 898-8839
FDIC Financial Institution Letters (FILs) may be accessed from the FDIC's Web site at https://www.fdic.gov/news/news/financial/2015/.
To receive FILs electronically, please visit http://www.fdic.gov/about/subscriptions/fil.html.
Paper copies of FDIC FILs may be obtained through the FDIC's Public Information Center, 3501 Fairfax Drive, E-1002, Arlington, VA 22226 (1-877-275-3342 or 703-562-2200).