Financial Institution Letters
November 25, 2014
FDIC Announces Upcoming Community Affairs Webinar:
Helping Your Customers Save: America Saves Week 2015
The FDIC's Division of Depositor and Consumer Protection (DCP) Community Affairs Branch will host a webinar titled Helping Your Customers Save: America Saves Week 2015 on December 12, 2014, from 3:00 p.m. to 4:00 p.m. (EST). This webinar will help banks prepare for America Saves Week 2015. Guest presenters from the Consumer Federation of America and its partners will discuss ways for banks to encourage customers to set and achieve savings goals through the use of insured bank accounts. Initiatives in rural markets will be a particular focus of discussion. This is part of an ongoing series of webinars highlighting strategies institutions can use to promote community development and expand access to the banking system.
Statement of Applicability to Institutions Under $1 Billion in Total Assets: This Financial Institution Letter applies to all FDIC-supervised institutions.
- During an upcoming webinar, presenters from America Saves and partner organizations will discuss ways for banks to successfully encourage customers to set and achieve savings goals through the use of a bank account.
- This webinar will be held Friday, December 12, 2014, from 3:00 p.m. to 4:00 p.m. (EST).
- The session is free, but registration is required. Institutions must register by December 11th. Click here to register.
- The FDIC welcomes suggestions for topics to be covered during future webinars. Please submit suggestions to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- FDIC-Supervised Banks (Commercial and Savings)
- Chief Executive Officer
- Chief CRA Officer
- Compliance Officer
- FDIC Outreach and Program Development Section at email@example.com
- Joyce Thomas, Community Affairs Assistant, Division of Depositor and Consumer Protection, at JoyThomas@fdic.gov or (202) 898-7169.
FDIC Financial Institution Letters (FILs) may be accessed from the FDIC's Web site at https://www.fdic.gov/news/news/financial/2014/.
To receive FILs electronically, please visit http://www.fdic.gov/about/subscriptions/fil.html.
Paper copies may be obtained through the FDIC's Public Information Center, 3501 Fairfax Drive, E-1002, Arlington, VA 22226 (1-877-275-3342 or 703-562-2200).