The FAQs cover the following general categories of
- The types of sweep accounts covered by the disclosure requirements, as well as those that are excluded.
- The type and nature of disclosures required by the rule.
- The frequency of required sweep account disclosures.
- The principles used by the FDIC to determine how swept funds will be treated in the event of failure.
- The requirements for a properly structured repo sweep.
All Insured Depository Institutions
Chief Executive Officer
Chief Operating Officer
Regulatory Compliance Officer
Deposit Insurance Coverage
12 C.F.R. Part 330
Transaction Account Guarantee Program
12 C.F.R. Part 370
James Marino, Project Manager, Division of Resolutions and Receiverships,
at email@example.com or 202-898-7151;
or Joseph A. DiNuzzo, Counsel, Legal Division, at
firstname.lastname@example.org or (202) 898-7349
FIL-39-2009 - PDF (PDF Help)
FDIC financial institution letters (FILs) may be
accessed from the FDIC's Web site at
To receive FILs electronically, please visit
Paper copies of FDIC financial institution letters
may be obtained through the FDIC's Public
Information Center, 3501 Fairfax Drive, E-1002,
Arlington, VA 22226 (1-877-275-3342 or 703-562-