- On October 12, 2005, the FFIEC issued guidance on Authentication in an Internet Banking Environment (see FDIC FIL-103-2005).
- The FFIEC has published the attached FAQs to assist financial institutions and their technology service providers in conforming with the guidance.
- The FAQs are divided into seven areas and include answers to questions concerning:
- the scope of the guidance,
- the time frame for compliance,
- risk assessment,
- technology service providers, and
- the appendix.
FDIC-Supervised Banks (Commercial and Savings)
Chief Executive Officer
Chief Information Security Officer
FIL-103-2005, "Authentication in an Internet Banking Environment," issued on October 12, 2005
Frequently Asked Questions on Authentication in an Internet Banking Environment - PDF 29k (PDF Help)
Senior Policy Analyst Jeffrey Kopchik at firstname.lastname@example.org or (202) 898-3872, or Senior Technology Specialist Robert D. Lee at email@example.com or (202) 898-3688
FIL-77-2006 - PDF 38k (PDF Help)
FDIC financial institution letters (FILs) may be accessed from the FDIC's Web site at www.fdic.gov/news/news/financial/2006/index.html.
To receive FILs electronically, please visit http://www.fdic.gov/about/subscriptions/fil.html.
Paper copies of FDIC financial institution letters may be obtained through the FDIC's Public Information Center, 3501 Fairfax Drive, E-1002, Arlington VA 22226 (1-877-275-3342 or 703-562-2200).