1. It has come to our attention that the above American company has been advertising on the Internet the availability of capital management companies registered in Samoa, and is soliciting buyers for pre approved banking licenses allegedly in Samoa and other Pacific Island jurisdictions.
2. The company is not and never has been a licensed trustee company in Samoa and has no authority to sell Samoan companies, banks or any other entities.
3. The Government of Samoa has not authorised the said company to represent them in the marketing and promotion of the Samoa Offshore Finance Centre.
4. The Samoa Offshore Finance Centre does license offshore banks - but only after a rigorous screening, vetting and due diligence process.
5. All licence applications must be submitted through a licensed trustee company.
6. The Samoa Offshore Finance Centre does not and has never allowed "pre approved banking licenses".
Dated 25 July 2002
Erna Va'ai (Ms) REGISTRAR OF INTERNATIONAL & FOREIGN COMPANIES,
INSPECTOR OF OFFSHORE BANKS