Inactive Financial Institution Letters
October 15, 2018
Consolidated Reports of Condition and Income
The Consolidated Reports of Condition and Income (Call Report) for the September 30, 2018, report date must be submitted to the agencies' Central Data Repository (CDR) by Tuesday, October 30, 2018. Certain institutions with foreign offices have an additional five calendar days to file their reports. The Call Report for this quarter includes two new data items for reciprocal deposits, one of which will be collected on a one-time only basis. FDIC-supervised institutions significantly affected by Hurricane Florence or Hurricane Michael may experience difficulty or delay in filing third quarter 2018 Call Reports. Affected institutions should contact their FDIC Regional Office or the FDIC's Data Collection and Analysis Section and/or their state regulator to discuss their situation.
Statement of Applicability to Institutions With Total Assets Under $1 Billion: This Financial Institution Letter applies to all FDIC-supervised banks and savings associations, including community institutions.
- The Call Report forms for September 2018 are available on the Federal Financial Institutions Examination Council's (FFIEC) website at https://www.ffiec.gov/ffiec_report_forms.htm and the FDIC's website at www.fdic.gov/callreports.
- Two data items have been added to Schedule RC-E, Deposit Liabilities, this quarter:
- Memorandum item 1.g, "Total reciprocal deposits (as of the report date)," and,
- Memorandum item 1.h, "Total reciprocal deposits as of June 30, 2018."
- Separate updates to the instruction book for the FFIEC 051 Call Report and the instruction book for the FFIEC 031 and FFIEC 041 Call Reports for September 2018 are available on the FFIEC's and the FDIC's websites.
- Eligible small institutions, generally those with domestic offices only and total assets less than $1 billion as of June 30, 2017, should file the same report form, either the FFIEC 051 or the FFIEC 041, for the third quarter of 2018 as they filed for the first and second quarters of 2018.
- Institutions should review FIL-60-2018 and the accompanying Supplemental Instructions for further information on the third quarter 2018 Call Report.
- For assistance with CDR system-related issues, including user accounts and passwords, please contact the CDR Help Desk by telephone at 888-CDR-3111, by fax at 703-774-3946, or by email at CDR.Help@ffiec.gov between 9:00 a.m. and 8:00 p.m., Eastern Time, Monday through Friday.
Institutions will report the second of these data items one time only in the Call Report for September 30, 2018.
- FDIC-Supervised Banks (Commercial and Savings) and FDIC-Supervised Savings Associations
- Chief Financial Officer
- Chief Accounting Officer
- Call Report Preparer
- FIL-60-2018, October 12, 2018, Consolidated Reports of Condition and Income for Third Quarter 2018
- PR-74-2018, October 10, 2018, Interagency Statement on Supervisory Practices Regarding Financial Institutions Affected by Hurricane Michael
- PR-62-2018, September 14, 2018, Interagency Statement on Supervisory Practices Regarding Financial Institutions Affected by Hurricane Florence
- FDIC's Data Collection and Analysis Section at 800-688-3342 or FDICInfoReq@fdic.gov
FDIC Financial Institution Letters (FILs) may be accessed from the FDIC's website at www.fdic.gov/news/news/financial/2018/.
To receive FILs electronically, please visit www.fdic.gov/about/subscriptions/fil.html.
Paper copies may be obtained via the FDIC's Public Information Center, 3501 Fairfax Drive, E 1002, Arlington, VA 22226 (877-275-3342 or 703-562-2200).