Financial Institution Letters
October 10, 2018
Banker Teleconference Series: Consumer Compliance Provisions in the Economic Growth, Regulatory Relief, and Consumer Protection Act
Timely and Comprehensive Information and Insights from the FDIC
The FDIC will discuss consumer compliance topics related to the Economic Growth, Regulatory Relief, and Consumer Protection Act. The teleconference is scheduled for Thursday, October 25, 2018, from 2:00 p.m. to 3:30 p.m. Eastern Time. Advance registration is required. The FDIC's Division of Depositor and Consumer Protection (DCP) offers a series of events for bankers, including teleconferences and webinars, to maintain open lines of communication and update bank management and staff on important bank regulatory and emerging issues in the compliance and consumer protection area.
Statement of Applicability to Institutions Under $1 Billion in Total Assets: This Financial Institution Letter applies to all FDIC-supervised institutions.
- FDIC staff will address consumer compliance topics related to the Economic Growth, Regulatory Relief, and Consumer Protection Act, which the President signed into law on May 24, 2018.
- The teleconference is scheduled for Thursday, October 25, 2018, from 2:00 p.m. to 3:30 p.m. Eastern Time. Registration is available online. https://www.fdic.gov/news/conferences/otherevents/2018-10-25-econ-growth.html
- Following a formal presentation, FDIC staff will respond to questions during a Question-and-Answer segment. We also encourage institutions to submit questions prior to the teleconference via BankerTeleconference@FDIC.gov. Email questions should be submitted prior to October 19th.
- The FDIC also is soliciting suggestions from institutions on topics for future banker events. Please submit suggestions to BankerTeleconference@FDIC.gov.
- FDIC-Supervised Institutions
- Chief Executive Officer
- Compliance Officer
- Chief Lending Officer
- Monika Jansen, Policy Analyst, at (202) 898-7060 or MJansen@fdic.gov
FDIC financial institution letters (FILs) may be accessed from the FDIC's website at www.fdic.gov/news/news/financial/2018/
To receive FILs electronically, please visit www.fdic.gov/about/subscriptions/fil.html.
Paper copies of FDIC financial institution letters may be obtained through the FDIC's Public Information Center, 3501 Fairfax Drive, E-1002, Arlington, VA 22226 (1-877-275-3342 or 703-562-2200).