Inactive Financial Institution Letters
May 15, 2018
Summary of Deposits Survey
Filing for June 30, 2018
The Summary of Deposits (SOD) is the annual survey of branch office deposits as of June 30 for all FDIC-insured institutions, including insured U.S. branches of foreign banks. All institutions with branch offices are required to submit the survey; institutions with only a main office are exempt. All survey responses are required by July 31, 2018. No filing extensions will be granted.
Statement of Applicability to Institutions with Total Assets Under $1 Billion: This Financial Institution Letter applies to all FDIC-insured institutions.
- The SOD Survey will be collected using the Federal Financial Institutions Examination Council's (FFIEC) Central Data Repository (CDR).
- The individual responsible for submitting an institution's SOD Survey must have an account with the CDR. A separate CDR account is not necessary if the SOD submitter and Call Report submitter are the same individual. Instructions for requesting a CDR account are provided under "Accessing the Central Data Repository" on page 2 of this FIL.
- Institutions must either complete the survey directly in the CDR or use vendor software to prepare and submit their survey responses to the CDR. Software vendors available to assist with the SOD filing are listed under "Electronic Filing Options" on page 3 of this FIL.
- Prior to completing the survey, institutions should review their current branch office information on the FDIC's BankFind website at https://banks.data.fdic.gov/bankfind-suite/bankfind and submit necessary corrections to the FDIC's Data Collection and Analysis Section at email@example.com by June 15, 2018. Correpondence should include at a minimum: Bank Name, FDIC Certificate Number, and branch UNINUM. If not submitted by that date, branch office information corrections should be included with the SOD Survey.
- SOD Reporting Instructions, access to the CDR, and additional information are available at www.fdic.gov/sod. Periodically check the site for updated information.
Continuation of FIL-27-2018
- FDIC-Insured Institutions, including Insured U.S. Branches of Foreign Banks
- Chief Executive Officer
- Summary of Deposits Preparer
- General Questions: Data Collection and Analysis Section at firstname.lastname@example.org or 1-800-688-3342
- CDR Technical Questions: CDR Help Desk at CDR.Help@ffiec.gov or 1-888-CDR-3111
FDIC Financial Institution Letters (FILs) may be accessed from the FDIC's website at www.fdic.gov/news/news/financial/2018/.
To receive FILs electronically, please visit www.fdic.gov/about/subscriptions/fil.html.
Paper copies may be obtained through the FDIC's Public Information Center, 3501 Fairfax Drive, Room E-1005, Arlington, VA 22226 (1-877-275-3342 or 703-562-2200).
May 15, 2018
Summary of Deposits Survey
Filing for June 30, 2018
The Summary of Deposits (SOD) is the annual survey of branch office deposits as of June 30 for all FDIC-insured institutions, including insured U.S. branches of foreign banks. Institutions with branch offices are required to submit the survey to the FDIC by July 31, 2018. Institutions with only a main office are exempt, however, they will be included in the survey results based on the total deposits reported on their June Call Report. Publication of the survey data is dependent on timely and accurate filing by respondent institutions; therefore, no filing extensions will be granted.
The FDIC collects the SOD Survey using the FFIEC's Central Data Repository (CDR). Institutions must either complete the survey directly in the CDR or use vendor software to prepare and submit their survey responses to the CDR. Software vendors available to assist with the SOD filing are listed below.
Accessing the Central Data Repository
The individual responsible for submitting an institution's SOD Survey must have an account with the CDR. A separate CDR account is not necessary if the SOD submitter and Call Report submitter are the same individual.
If you do not already have a CDR account, you should request an account as soon as possible so that you will be able to submit your SOD Survey successfully. Follow the steps below to request an account with the CDR.
1. Visit the CDR website at: https://cdr.ffiec.gov/cdr.
2. Click "Login" to begin.
3. Click "Request an Account" at the bottom of the blue box.
5. Enter your new user account information:
a. The Delegated Site Administrator (DSA) at each institution is responsible for managing CDR users within that institution. Select "Yes" if you are creating a DSA account or "No" if you are not creating a DSA account.
b. Complete the required fields under "Account Information" and "Profile Information" to proceed.
c. To complete the "Organization" field:
i. Click "Select Organization" to the right of the field.
ii. Search for your financial institution by entering the organization name or FDIC Certificate Number and clicking on the "Search" button at the top.
Important: Verify your financial institution name and FDIC Certificate Number from the returned search. If you do not select the correct organization name, your request will not be processed correctly.
iii. Click on your organization name to populate the "Profile Information."
6. Click "Request Your Account" at the top of the page.
7. Click on "Click to Exit" at the "Registration Successful" page.
8. After successfully submitting your request, please contact the CDR Help Desk by telephone or email to complete the registration process. Provide your username and your institution's FDIC Certificate Number to expedite the approval of your new account. A CDR Security Administrator will review and process your request, and you will receive an email notification when your account is active.
Technical assistance with CDR account enrollment is available through the CDR Help Desk:
|Hours of Operation:||Monday – Friday|
|9:00 am – 8:00 pm (ET)|
Electronic Filing Options
Institutions must either use vendor software to prepare and submit their survey responses to the CDR or complete the survey directly in the CDR.
If You Use Vendor Software to Prepare and Submit the Survey to the CDR: The following vendors have developed software to assist with the SOD filing. Institutions should contact these vendors directly for further information about their products and services.
|Axiom Software Laboratories, Inc.||http://www.axiomsl.com||(212) 248-4188|
|Fed Reporter, Inc.||http://www.fedreporter.net||(888) 972-3772|
|FIS Compliance Solutions||https://www.callreporter.com||(800) 825-3772|
|Lombard Risk||http://www.lombardrisk.com||(973) 648-0900|
|Wolters Kluwer Financial Services||http://www.wolterskluwerfs.com||(800) 261-3111|
If You Use the CDR to Complete the Survey: This option permits an institution to complete the survey directly in the CDR. Institutions may submit revised branch-office structure and geographical information with the survey, edit and validate SOD data, and submit the completed survey. Institutions may access the SOD Survey within the CDR at https://cdr.ffiec.gov/cdr.
Comprehensive reporting instructions for the 2018 SOD Survey are available on the FDIC's Summary of Deposits website at www.fdic.gov/sod.
2018 Summary of Deposits Timeline
By June 15, 2018 – Institutions should review branch office information (branch office names, physical addresses, and service types) on the FDIC's BankFind website at https://banks.data.fdic.gov/bankfind-suite/bankfind. Corrections to this information may be submitted to the FDIC's Data Collection and Analysis Section at email@example.com. Correspondence should include at a minimum: Bank Name, FDIC Certificate Number, and branch UNINUM. Corrections not submitted by June 15, 2018, should be included with the SOD Survey.
Beginning July 1, 2018 – Institutions may begin submitting their SOD Survey for June 30, 2018. However, the FDIC recommends that institutions submit their Call Report for June 30, 2018, before filing the SOD Survey, to enable comparisons of deposit totals between the two reports. Additionally, if your institution uses vendor software and has had last minute branch information changes, consult with your vendor to ensure that your software will be synchronized with the most up-to-date information in the CDR.
July 31, 2018 – Your completed SOD Survey must be received by July 31, 2018. No extensions of time for submitting SOD data will be granted.
October 1, 2018 – SOD Survey results will be published on the FDIC's Summary of Deposits website at https://www5.fdic.gov/sod/ no later than October 1, 2018. To be notified by email when the 2018 SOD data and deposit market share reports become available, please subscribe to email updates at www.fdic.gov/about/subscriptions.
Electronic Amendments in the CDR
Once the initial 2018 SOD Survey information has been submitted, institutions may amend SOD data directly in the CDR or by using vendor software. If necessary, amendments also may be submitted for prior year 2017 branch deposit totals only. Following initial publication of SOD Survey results by October 1, 2018, amendments will be reflected in periodic updates thereafter.
For assistance with CDR account enrollment or other system-related issues, contact the CDR Help Desk at 1-888-CDR-3111 or by email at CDR.Help@ffiec.gov. For all other questions about the SOD Survey, institutions should contact their assigned analyst. If you do not know the analyst assigned to your institution, you should contact the FDIC's Data Collection and Analysis Section at 1-800-688-3342. You also may request assistance by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Division of Insurance and Research