Inactive Financial Institution Letters
February 1, 2016
Supervisory Insights Journal
Winter 2015 Issue Now Available
The Winter 2015 issue of Supervisory Insights features three articles of interest to examiners, bankers, and supervisors. These articles address the development of an effective cybersecurity framework, marketplace lending, and recent results from the "FDIC's Credit and Consumer Products/Services Survey." http://www.fdic.gov/regulations/examinations/supervisory/insights/index.html.
Statement of Applicability to Institutions with Total Assets under $1 Billion: The information contained in this issue of Supervisory Insights may be of general interest to FDIC-supervised financial institutions, but it is not supervisory guidance.
- "A Framework for Cybersecurity" discusses the cyber threat landscape and how financial institutions' information security programs can be enhanced to address evolving cybersecurity risks. The article also provides an overview of actions taken by the Federal Deposit Insurance Corporation individually and with other regulators in response to the increase in cyber threats.
- "Marketplace Lending" provides an overview of the marketplace lending model. The article offers resources for bank boards of directors and management to consider when engaging in marketplace lending activity.
- "Lending Viewpoint: Results from the FDIC's Credit and Consumer Products/Services Survey" describes recent lending conditions and risks as reported through the survey at the conclusion of risk- management examinations.
- "Regulatory and Supervisory Roundup" provides an overview of recently released regulations and supervisory guidance.
- Suggestions for article topics and requests for permission to reprint articles should be e-mailed to email@example.com. Requests for print copies should be e-mailed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- FDIC-supervised Institutions
- Chief Executive Officer
- Compliance Officer
- Cybersecurity Risk
- Marketplace Lending
- FDIC's Credit and Consumer Products/Services Survey
- Kim E. Lowry, Managing Editor
- (email@example.com or 202-898-6635)
FDIC Financial Institution Letters (FILs) are available on the FDIC's Web site at www.fdic.gov/news/news/financial/2016/index.html.
To receive FILs electronically, visit http://www.fdic.gov/about/subscriptions/fil.html.
Paper copies may be obtained through the FDIC's Public Information Center, 3501 Fairfax Drive, E-1002, Arlington, VA 22226 (1-877-275-3342 or 703-562-2200).