Financial Institution Letters
October 8, 2014
Banker Teleconference Series
Timely and Comprehensive Information and Insights from the FDIC
Periodically, staff from the FDIC's Division of Depositor and Consumer Protection (DCP) offers a series of events for bankers, including teleconferences and webinars, to maintain open lines of communication and update bank management and staff on important banking regulatory and emerging issues in the compliance and consumer protection area. The next event in the series is a teleconference scheduled for October 22, 2014, that will focus on common questions and answers pertaining to implementation of the Ability-to-Repay/Qualified Mortgage (ATR/QM) and the Loan Originator Compensation (LO) Final Rules issued by the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau (CFPB). The session is free, but registration is required.
Statement of Applicability to Institutions Under $1 Billion in Total Assets: This Financial Institution Letter applies to all FDIC-supervised institutions.
- The teleconference will discuss common questions and answers pertaining to implementation of the CFPB's ATR/QM and LO Final Rules.
- The teleconference is scheduled for October 22, 2014, from 2:00 p.m. to 3:30 p.m. EDT. To register, visit https://jfe.qualtrics.com/form/SV_86QCWL52mbgWAuh. Please register by October 20, 2014.
- We encourage institutions to submit questions prior to the teleconference by sending an email to BankerTeleconference@fdic.gov.
- The FDIC is also soliciting suggestions from institutions on topics for future banker events. Please submit suggestions to BankerTeleconference@fdic.gov.
- For additional information on the upcoming teleconference, see the attached announcement.
- FDIC-Supervised Institutions
- Chief Executive Officer
- Compliance Officer
- Chief Lending Officer
- General Counsel
- Alex Cheng, Policy Analyst, at (202) 898-6766 or BankerTeleconference@fdic.gov.
FDIC Financial Institution Letters (FILs) may be accessed from the FDIC's Web site at https://www.fdic.gov/news/news/financial/2014/.
To receive FILs electronically, please visit http://www.fdic.gov/about/subscriptions/fil.html.
Paper copies may be obtained through the FDIC's Public Information Center, 3501 Fairfax Drive, E-1002, Arlington, VA 22226 (877-275-3342 or 703-562-2200).