- On September 10, 2008, the Department of the Treasury's Office of Foreign Assets Control (OFAC) added new entries to its Specially Designated Nationals and Blocked Persons (SDN) list under the category of Nonproliferation Weapons of Mass Destruction (NPWMD).
- Additionally, blocked vessels are being segregated into a separate section on the Master list of Specially Designated Nationals and Blocked Persons. Banks are now instructed to reject any funds transfer referencing a blocked vessel and must notify OFAC.
- A complete list of additions is attached.
- OFAC information also may be found on the Internet at http://www.treas.gov/offices/enforcement/ofac.
- For further information about Executive Orders, the list of blocked accounts or the procedures to block accounts, please call OFAC's Compliance Programs Division at 1-800-540-6322.
FDIC-Supervised Banks (Commercial and Savings)
Chief Executive Officer
BSA Compliance Officer
Office of Foreign Assets Control
New Entries List
Review Examiner Darley Steide at
SASFIL@FDIC.gov or (202) 898-3673
FDIC Financial Institution Letters (FILs) may be
accessed from the FDIC's Web site at
To receive FILs electronically, please visit
Paper copies of FDIC FILs may be obtained
through the FDIC's Public Information Center,
3501 Fairfax Drive, Room E 1002, Arlington, VA
22226 (1-877-275-3342 or 703-562-2200).