Financial Institution Letters
|Office of Foreign Assets Control
Specially Designated Nationals and Blocked Persons
December 28, 2005
||The Department of the Treasury's Office of Foreign Assets Control has added an entry to its list of Specially Designated Nationals and Blocked Persons under the Specially Designated Global Terrorist category.
- On December 19, 2005, the Department of the Treasury's Office of Foreign Assets Control (OFAC) added one entry to its list of Specially Designated Nationals and Blocked Persons under the Global Terrorist category. The new entry follows:
- BADAT, Sajid Mohammed (a.k.a. BADAT, Muhammed; a.k.a. BADAT, Saajid; a.k.a. BADAT, Sajid; a.k.a. BADAT, Sajid Muhammad; a.k.a. BADET, Muhammed; a.k.a. BADET, Saajid Mohammad; a.k.a. BADET, Sajid Muhammad; a.k.a. "AL BRITAINI, Issa"; a.k.a. "AL PAKISTANI, Abu Issa"; a.k.a. "AL PAKISTANI, Issa"); DOB 28 Mar 1979; alt. DOB 8 Mar 1976; POB Pakistan; alt. POB Gloucester, United Kingdom; citizen United Kingdom; Passport 703114075 (United Kingdom); alt. Passport 026725401 (United Kingdom); Currently imprisoned in the United Kingdom (individual) [SDGT]
- OFAC has asked that we distribute the information to all FDIC-supervised institutions so records can be checked for accounts that are required to be blocked.
- OFAC information also may be found on the Internet at http://www.treas.gov/offices/enforcement/ofac.
- Please distribute this information to the appropriate personnel in your institution.
- For further information about Executive Orders, the list of blocked accounts or the procedures to block accounts, please call OFAC's Compliance Programs Division at
FDIC-Supervised Banks (Commercial and Savings)
Chief Executive Officer
BSA Compliance Officer
Office of Foreign Assets Control
Review Examiner Debra L. Novak at SASFIL@FDIC.gov or (202) 898-3673.
FIL-127-2005 - PDF 28k (PDF Help)
FDIC Financial Institution Letters (FILs) may be accessed from the FDIC's Web site at www.fdic.gov/news/news/financial/2005/index.html.
To receive FILs electronically, please visit http://www.fdic.gov/about/subscriptions/fil.html.
Paper copies of FDIC FILs may be obtained through the FDIC's Public Information Center, 801 17th Street, NW, Room 100, Washington, DC 20434 (1-877-275-3342 or (703) 562-2200).