- On December 16, 2004, the Department of the Treasurys Office of Foreign Assets Control (OFAC) added several entries to its list of Specially Designated National and Blocked Persons (SDNs).
- A list of the new entries is attached.
- OFAC has asked that we distribute the information to all FDIC-supervised institutions so records can be checked for accounts that are required to be blocked.
- OFAC information also may be found on the Internet at http://www.treas.gov/offices/enforcement/ofac/.
- Please distribute this information to the appropriate personnel in your institution.
- For further information about Executive Orders, the list of blocked accounts or the procedures to block accounts, please call OFACs Compliance Programs Division at 1-800-540-6322.
FDIC-Supervised Banks (Commercial and Savings)
Chief Executive Officer
BSA Compliance Officer
Office of Foreign Assets Control
New entries to the SDN list
Senior Financial Analyst, Debra L. Novak at
SASFIL@FDIC.gov or (202) 898-3673
FIL-136-2004 30k (PDF Help)
FDIC Financial Institution Letters (FILs) may be accessed from the FDIC's Web site at www.fdic.gov/news/news/financial/2004/index.html.
To receive FILs electronically, please visit http://www.fdic.gov/about/subscriptions/fil.html.
Paper copies of FDIC FILs may be obtained through the FDIC's Public Information Center, 801 17th Street, NW, Room 100, Washington, DC 20434 (1-877-275-3342 or (703) 562-2200).