FDIC Forum: Use of Technology in the Business of Banking
View On-demand Video of Event
Monday, May 7, 2018: 9:00 a.m. – 3:45 p.m. EDT
FDIC L. William Seidman Center
Sheila C. Bair Auditorium
3501 Fairfax Drive, Arlington, Virginia
Event OverviewThe forum will explore the use of technology in the business of banking. Panels will focus on:
- Emerging technologies that are transforming banking operations;
- Impact of emerging technologies on retail banking, including new and innovative delivery channels, enhanced customer experiences, and economic inclusion; and
- Consumer financial data access - balancing rights and security.
Who Should Attend?
- Representatives from banks that use or are considering using emerging technologies,
- Representatives from firms offering emerging technologies,
- Representatives from bank trade associations,
- Thought leaders on the use of technology in the business of banking,
- Leaders of consumer and community organizations, and
- Representatives from federal and state financial regulatory agencies.
RegistrationRegistration to attend the forum is now closed.
The forum will be webcast live and recorded for on-demand access after the event. The link to access the live webcast will be available on the FDIC.gov home page the morning of the event.
If you have any questions related to the forum, please submit your inquiry via email at FDICTechForum@fdic.gov.
- Keep up to date with the FDIC Forum by following #FDICtechforum on Twitter.
LogisticsAttendees are responsible for securing any travel and/or lodging required in order to participate in the forum.
LodgingIf lodging is required, please refer to this list of additional hotel options within close proximity of the L. William Seidman Center.
Arrival/Departure TransportationTaxis are available from both Reagan National (DCA) and Dulles International (IAD) airports. Participants can estimate the cost of taxi fare to and from each respective airport, by accessing the following:
Other Transportation Information for Getting Around and Parking
- Metro/Subway Information
The FDIC L. William Seidman Center is across the street from the Virginia Square/George Mason University (GMU) station on the Orange and Silver lines.
- Arlington Parking Information
Arlington Public Parking Information (Rosslyn – Ballston Corridor)
Search for Additional Parking Garages (Ballston / Virginia Square)
- Driving Directions to the L. William Seidman Center
The L. William Seidman Center is located at 3501 Fairfax Drive, Arlington, VA. Please be advised that on-site parking at the Seidman Center is not available.
Building SecurityForum attendees must bring a form of government issued photo identification to the event in order to enter the L. William Seidman Center. Security protocol also requires that attendees walk through a Magnetometer (metal detector) and have all personal baggage inspected through X-ray screening. Please plan to arrive 30 - 45 minutes prior to the start of the conference in order to avoid potential long lines at security.
PDF Help - Information on downloading and using the PDF reader.