Community Bank Webinar: Current Expected Credit Losses (CECL)
Weighted-Average Remaining Maturity (WARM) Method
Thursday, April 11, 2019
2:00 PM – 3:30 PM Eastern Time
The federal financial institution regulatory agencies, in conjunction with the Financial Accounting Standards Board (FASB), the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC), and the Conference of State Bank Supervisors (CSBS), will host an interagency webinar on Thursday, April 11, 2019, at 2:00 p.m., Eastern Time, focusing on the application of the Weighted-Average Remaining Maturity (WARM) method for estimating allowances for credit losses in accordance with Accounting Standards Update No. 2016-13, Financial Instruments – Credit Losses (Topic 326): Measurement of Credit Losses on Financial Instruments (CECL).
- This webinar will address the use of the WARM method for estimating allowances for credit losses under CECL.
- In January 2019, the FASB issued a Staff Q&A document confirming that the WARM method is one of many acceptable methods that could be used to estimate allowances for less complex financial asset pools under CECL. The FASB Staff Q&A document aligns with information communicated in the interagency community bank webinar held on February 27, 2018, that discussed practical examples of how smaller, less complex community banks can implement CECL. Information regarding the February 2018 webinar is available below under Additional Information.
- Bankers are encouraged to invite representatives from the functional areas within their institutions who are involved in the implementation of the new credit losses accounting standard and from their external audit firm to participate in the webinar.
- Participants may join the webinar at https://www.webcaster4.com/Webcast/Page/583/29509. Advance registration is not required; however, participants are encouraged to do so at this link. Participants are asked to join the webinar 15 minutes before it begins.
- Participants may dial into the audio portion of the webinar at 888-625-5230 using participant passcode 78752375#.
- A question-and-answer session will follow the presentation. We encourage participants to submit questions in advance via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Specific questions about the webinar or your registration may be directed to the webinar producer at email@example.com.
- Webinar materials will be archived for future viewing at the link for participants shown above.
- The information above is also available in Financial Institution Letter 17-2019.
- On Monday, July 30, 2018, the federal banking agencies, in conjunction with the FASB, SEC, and CSBS, jointly hosted an “Ask the Regulators: CECL Q&A Session.” Information and presentation materials for the July 2018 webinar are available at Community Bank Webinar: Current Expected Credit Losses Methodology Q&A Webinar for Community Bankers.
- On Tuesday, February 27, 2018, the FDIC and the FRB, in conjunction with the CSBS, the FASB, and the SEC, jointly hosted a "CECL Webinar for Bankers: Practical Examples of How Smaller, Less Complex Community Banks Can Implement the Current Expected Credit Losses Methodology." Information and presentation materials for the February 2018 webinar are available at Community Bank Webinar: Implementation Examples for the Current Expected Credit Losses Methodology (CECL).
PDF Help - Information on downloading and using the PDF reader.